Did you mean: 

Venture One chances

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture One chances

Hi!

What are my chances of being approved? 

I've had a Quicksilver One for almost a year, CL is $2700. My Credit Score on the Capital One website is 714. I also have a Discover IT Miles with a $1800 CL, a Barclays Apple Rewards with a $2700 CL. My FICO Score reported by Discover is 685. My oldest credit card is about 3 years old. 

Never been late, I have used about 30% of my total credit... 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture One chances

I was approved with 15+ inq, score 754, and uti at 3% for 10000.
Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

It's been almost two years since my approval.  My scores were in the 680s range.  Do you know what your real FICO  EX and EQ scores are? 

Message 3 of 42
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Good point kaykay
Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, 681 with Experian. EQ I don't know.

4 open credit cards with a total CL of $8,100

I appreciate your help, thanks.

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does it affect that I already have a Quicksilver One? 

Message 6 of 42
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Did you check their prequalify tool?

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:
Did you check their prequalify tool?

Yes, I wasn't pre-qualified for that one, but I was hoping that since I already have an account with them maybe they would consider that. 

Message 8 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Decent chance.. They use mortgage scores form all 3.. How many inquiries and what is your utilization at?  Considering you have had the QS1 about a year I actually think you hae a good shot.  What makes you want the Vetnure One card though out of curiousity vs. say venture or a regular QS or pc'ing the QS one to a regular QS?  The only real good thing about the Venture one is 0 APR for 12 months the QS beats out the earning of Venture one and the regular Venture can be Pc'ed to a QS before the AF comes.

edit: need to learn to read 30 % utilization.

Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Decent chance.. They use mortgage scores form all 3.. How many inquiries and what is your utilization at?  Considering you have had the QS1 about a year I actually think you hae a good shot.  What makes you want the Vetnure One card though out of curiousity vs. say venture or a regular QS or pc'ing the QS one to a regular QS?  The only real good thing about the Venture one is 0 APR for 12 months the QS beats out the earning of Venture one and the regular Venture can be Pc'ed to a QS before the AF comes.

edit: need to learn to read 30 % utilization.

4 inquieries, last one was 9 months ago. 

Well, I want two cards. I travel for work every week, and I have to expense everything on my own card, then my company pays it back. So, I want to separate personal expenses and work expenses. It's just better, to keep track of my personal expenses and it's also easier to manage and do my finances. 

I have the Discover IT Miles, a Wells Fargo card, and the Barclay's Apple. I travel abroad so Discover is not as widely accepted and the other two charge a 3% foreign transaction fee.

I guess I could try applying for the regular QS, but I was thinking of upgrading my QS One to a regular QS. Why not a regular Venture? Well I was thinking I have better chances of getting a Venture One.

What do you think? 

Edited: If I'm denied or my chances are not good enough then I'm considering the MLife card. I'm guessing it isn't hard getting one, right? I go to Vegas a lot, no annual and no foreign transaction fee... that's all I need. 

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.