cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Visa 7-10 letter odd

Goos
Regular Contributor

Verizon Visa 7-10 letter odd

So I applied for the Verizon visa and it went to 7-10 day and never pulled my credit . So I waited for the letter which came by email and I opened it.  Reason - high risk location for application. I was on my couch . Yes it is risky because it may lead to me doing nothing for hours but other than that it's not too bad lol . So I guess my question is how do I fix that ? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Venmo Visa 7-10 letter odd

Funny reason !

 

When you applied, were you on a VPN or behind a firewall that prevents tracking ?

 

I noticed I get a similar reason sometimes when I apply from work where I am behind a very stringent Cisco content data filter using a cloud VPN.

Message 2 of 7
Goos
Regular Contributor

Re: Venmo Visa 7-10 letter odd

I thought I was on my Verizon internet actually . Or possibly my home wifi . Just never had that response wasn't sure how to fix it . I'm glad they didn't waste the HP . 

Message 3 of 7
bigseegar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Venmo Visa 7-10 letter odd

Did you go through the actual VZW app to apply for the card. I did and it was an instant approval of the Visa Signature with a SL of $10K and they Overnighted the card via FedEx.

Message 4 of 7
Goos
Regular Contributor

Re: Venmo Visa 7-10 letter odd


@bigseegar wrote:

Did you go through the actual VZW app to apply for the card. I did and it was an instant approval of the Visa Signature with a SL of $10K and they Overnighted the card via FedEx.


Yeah logged into my Verizon account on the app and apply that way . Which is partly why I was interested in how to fix this problem . Snchrony even pre filled out alot of the things on the app based on my Verizon account . 

Message 5 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Venmo Visa 7-10 letter odd


@4sallypat wrote:

Funny reason !

 

When you applied, were you on a VPN or behind a firewall that prevents tracking ?

 

I noticed I get a similar reason sometimes when I apply from work where I am behind a very stringent Cisco content data filter using a cloud VPN.


Yep.    A number of issuers try to geolocate application submissions and if there is too large an apparent discrepancy from the applicant's address of record they will refuse to process the application as an anti-fraud measure.    It wouldn't be typical for someone living in Pittsburgh to be applying for a credit card using a computer whose external IP (network) address appears to place them somewhere around suburban Philadelphia. 

 

If you're traveling or using a VPN solution on your computer that doesn't use a split-VPN configuration and/or if your laptop is configured to use a SaaS-based proxy service this is a pretty common problem. 

(5/2022)
FICO 8 (EX) 827 (TU) 834 (EQ) 829
FICO 9 (EX) 837 (TU) 845 (EQ) 846

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 7
Goos
Regular Contributor

Re: Venmo Visa 7-10 letter odd


@coldfusion wrote:

@4sallypat wrote:

Funny reason !

 

When you applied, were you on a VPN or behind a firewall that prevents tracking ?

 

I noticed I get a similar reason sometimes when I apply from work where I am behind a very stringent Cisco content data filter using a cloud VPN.


Yep.    A number of issuers try to geolocate application submissions and if there is too large an apparent discrepancy from the applicant's address of record they will refuse to process the application as an anti-fraud measure.    It wouldn't be typical for someone living in Pittsburgh to be applying for a credit card using a computer whose external IP (network) address appears to place them somewhere around suburban Philadelphia. 

 

If you're traveling or using a VPN solution on your computer that doesn't use a split-VPN configuration and/or if your laptop is configured to use a SaaS-based proxy service this is a pretty common problem. 


We rearranged the living room after Christmas but my living room isn't that big that it was that big of a move . I was on the same cushion I ordered a new phone from recently . And I don't have a vpn. I could see how that might trip them out.  I guess it could be this weird thing that websites think I'm in update new york sometimes and I live in Ohio . So maybe that was it . 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.