cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Match Causes Denial Of Barclay Ring App ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Voice Match Causes Denial Of Barclay Ring App ???

This is interesting.  I don't know know how to react to this.  Since I read that Barclay was not accepting Ring applications I thought i would follow up on my April 2nd app that I never got an answer on (no approval, no denial).  I sent them everything they asked for and called several times and was always told to call back they did not have the information yet.  I always talked to the security department.  

Today I called and they finally said they were denying the application because the voice spools don't match from the calls I have made to them following up so they said they are suspicious and don't feel like they are talking to the applicant. Go figure. This  has floored me.  I asked what could I do to fix this problem and they said nothing. They stated they feel the application is fraudulent.  

At this point I don't even want or need their card but I don't like that fact that they say I am not the person who has been calling them.  If I didn't apply who else would call them about my application or send in my documents when they were requested by phone and by mail.  I would like to prove I am.  Maybe I should have offered to send them a video. It seems like they could check the IP address, the cell phone info and any number of things but voice ...........I think I watch too much television. Sounds like something I've seen on a TV show.

I do think when the give identity/voice denials an applicant should be allowed to prove themselves.  I also don't want them to put anything on my reports regarding suspicions or fraud.  Anyone got any ideas on how I should proceed?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Voice Match Causes Denial Of Barclay Ring App ???

@Anonymous wrote:

This is interesting.  I don't know know how to react to this.  Since I read that Barclay was not accepting Ring applications I thought i would follow up on my April 2nd app that I never got an answer on (no approval, no denial).  I sent them everything they asked for and called several times and was always told to call back they did not have the information yet.  I always talked to the security department.  

Today I called and they finally said they were denying the application because the voice spools don't match from the calls I have made to them following up so they said they are suspicious and don't feel like they are talking to the applicant. Go figure. This  has floored me.  I asked what could I do to fix this problem and they said nothing. They stated they feel the application is fraudulent.  

At this point I don't even want or need their card but I don't like that fact that they say I am not the person who has been calling them.  If I didn't apply who else would call them about my application or send in my documents when they were requested by phone and by mail.  I would like to prove I am.  Maybe I should have offered to send them a video. It seems like they could check the IP address, the cell phone info and any number of things but voice ...........I think I watch too much television. Sounds like something I've seen on a TV show.

I do think when the give identity/voice denials an applicant should be allowed to prove themselves.  I also don't want them to put anything on my reports regarding suspicions or fraud.  Anyone got any ideas on how I should proceed?

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions; the only thing I can think of you might consider is having the HP removed.  Since they don't think River123 is the actual applicant, River123 shouldn't take the HP, right? 

On the other hand the route you would have to take to get the HP removed would likely be a hassle, so unless you just want to make a point you might consider just letting it go and cutting your losses.

This just reinforces my feeling that I'm indeed fortunate to be blacklisted with this flaky company.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 27
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW.....All I can say is GARBAGE.

Sorry this happened to you.

You dont need them....Take your business elsewhere IMHO.

Goodluck

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions; the only thing I can think of you might consider is having the HP removed.  Since they don't think River123 is the actual applicant, River123 shouldn't take the HP, right? 

On the other hand the route you would have to take to get the HP removed would likely be a hassle, so unless you just want to make a point you might consider just letting it go and cutting your losses.

This just reinforces my feeling that I'm indeed fortunate to be blacklisted with this flaky company.  Smiley Frustrated

I never thought about the HP.  That is an interesting thought but I've waited six weeks to find out that I am not who I am so I think I will write them off.  I just worry about them throwing the word "fraud" out and who knows where it will end up.  I don't want them notifying the CRA's  about their fraud suspicions if I object to the HP and causing me problems with my other cards.

Even though I don't want their card especially now, I would like to prove who I am even if it's just to make me feel better.  Maybe I should suggest fingerprints.(LOL)

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bone35 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW.....All I can say is GARBAGE.

Sorry this happened to you.

You dont need them....Take your business elsewhere IMHO.

Goodluck

I just wish they denied me for some other reason, now I'm so upset I can't see straight.  I am not upset about their card but because I can't seem to do anything to prove them wrong.  I won't ever deal with them again, they pretty much said they feel the same toward me when I pressed them on how to disprove their theory regarding my voice.  Basically said no need for me to do anything else regarding the app, it's denied.  Thanks for the good wishes.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesnt surprise me in the least. Barclays can be real jerks.  My SO had to submit professional licensure...ummm ok?  Yet no proof of income, and also SS card and DL.  Whatever.

They are pretty picky and ask you security questions and you LITERALLY have to remember the incorrect answers so that you dont trip up the system again.  Sure, I lived on fart lane and was an antique dealer....if u say so barclays.

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This doesnt surprise me in the least. Barclays can be real jerks.  My SO had to submit professional licensure...ummm ok?  Yet no proof of income, and also SS card and DL.  Whatever.

They are pretty picky and ask you security questions and you LITERALLY have to remember the incorrect answers so that you dont trip up the system again.  Sure, I lived on fart lane and was an antique dealer....if u say so barclays.

You are so right. I honestly don't know what else they would need, I sent everything they asked for proving my identity and I suppose if they had asked I would have sent a video and fingerprints.  I think it's more to it than voice spools. I can't  imagine them sitting around listening to phone calls comparing voices unless I sounded like a chipmunk or Darth Vader.  I could see where those would create some comments between analysts maybe. Something spooked them before I called to check on my app.

Message 7 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are so right. I honestly don't know what else they would need, I sent everything they asked for proving my identity and I suppose if they had asked I would have sent a video and fingerprints.  I think it's more to it than voice spools. I can't  imagine them sitting around listening to phone calls comparing voices unless I sounded like a chipmunk or Darth Vader.  I could see where those would create some comments between analysts maybe. Something spooked them before I called to check on my app.

If they are spooked this easily before you're a customer, imagine how difficult they could be once you owed them money!  Smiley Frustrated

As lousy as it is to be told 'no' to something you want, perhaps this is indeed a blessing in disguise.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 27
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Call them and tell them it’s because the surgery was a success and that you are different in more ways than they can imagine now, and they wouldn’t have noticed if they had processed your app in a timely manner.  Smiley Tongue

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Call them and tell them it’s because the surgery was a success and that you are different in more ways than they can imagine now, and they wouldn’t have noticed if they had processed your app in a timely manner.  Smiley Tongue

I like it.  The situation is kind of funny since I don't want their card now but I am really concerned that they may cause me problems with other CC companies.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.