cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Match Causes Denial Of Barclay Ring App ???

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Voice Match Causes Denial Of Barclay Ring App ???

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Call them and tell them it’s because the surgery was a success and that you are different in more ways than they can imagine now, and they wouldn’t have noticed if they had processed your app in a timely manner.  Smiley Tongue

I like it.  The situation is kind of funny since I don't want their card now but I am really concerned that they may cause me problems with other CC companies.

FWIW, I don't think they can put any kind of 'alert' on your credit file, especially since you weren't even granted an account. 

As far as I know, the only way a fraud alert can be placed on your files is if you proactively place it there yourself.  Can you imagine the mess otherwise?  If companies we had no business relationship with were able to place an alert on our credit files, a disgruntled ex could have a field day (i.e. simply 'apply' for an account and fail verification on purpose.)

I think you'll be fine... just avoid Barclays in the future!  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Call them and tell them it’s because the surgery was a success and that you are different in more ways than they can imagine now, and they wouldn’t have noticed if they had processed your app in a timely manner.  Smiley Tongue

I like it.  The situation is kind of funny since I don't want their card now but I am really concerned that they may cause me problems with other CC companies.

FWIW, I don't think they can put any kind of 'alert' on your credit file, especially since you weren't even granted an account. 

As far as I know, the only way a fraud alert can be placed on your files is if you proactively place it there yourself.  Can you imagine the mess otherwise?  If companies we had no business relationship with were able to place an alert on our credit files, a disgruntled ex could have a field day (i.e. simply 'apply' for an account and fail verification on purpose.)

I think you'll be fine... just avoid Barclays in the future!  Smiley Happy

You bet I will avoid them like the plague. I should have avoided them in the first place.  I should kick my own rear end.

Message 12 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't really think any of their products are worth losing sleep over. I'd try to get the hard pull removed but other than that meh. If they don't want your business plenty of others will.
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
I don't really think any of their products are worth losing sleep over. I'd try to get the hard pull removed but other than that meh. If they don't want your business plenty of others will.

I agree.

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has to be the craziest thing I've ever heard. I know most places give you the message that your call is being recorded or monitored, but I've never heard them say they will be matching my voice to each call to verify it's really me calling - this is just crazy!

Message 15 of 27
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Wait...I don't think you are the one who started this thread. Your typing is...different and doesn't match your original post. Smiley Frustrated

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Wait...I don't think you are the one who started this thread. Your typing is...different and doesn't match your original post. Smiley Frustrated

Ha ha, I agree Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This has to be the craziest thing I've ever heard. I know most places give you the message that your call is being recorded or monitored, but I've never heard them say they will be matching my voice to each call to verify it's really me calling - this is just crazy!

I was rendered speechless.  I coundn't speak.  Unbelievable.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Is there anything I can do like get a keystroke logger so I can type in exactly what i did in the last post? (LOL)

Message 19 of 27
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Is there anything I can do like get a keystroke logger so I can type in exactly what i did in the last post? (LOL)

Maybe..but then again, a fraud might easily offer the same thing..perhaps a little too easily.  Nope, sorry, we already alerted the world of banks to your shenanigans. You have been flagged as fraud by all banks and will never have so much as a prepaid card from any bank. This conversation is OVER.

Oh, and thank you for your interest in Barclay products, you may be asked to participate in a brief survey after this call, have I addressed all your concerns today? Woman Very Happy

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.