Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Platinum Card Mailer X2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF Platinum Card Mailer X2

Hi everyone!

I'm so thankful to have this forum. You ladies and gents are awesome!

This week I have gotten 2 WF Plat mailers. 2 different "respond by" dates, a week apart. They both have the same reservation number. Says 0% APR for 18mo on BT's and purchases. 17.49% to 26.99% variable APR thereafter, based on my credit worthiness. "You're invited to apply for this card, so apply today."

I have been banking with WF for almost 3 years. I recently opened a WF Propel Amex (Dec 1st). 0% purchases and BT's for 12mo. The approval letter I got stated my FICO (I think 9) EQ @ 696. Less than 10% util on $1500 SL. Will PIF before it reports. Oldest acct (closed) is 11yr 9mo. Average age of accts is around 4yr 11mo.

Is this a solid prequal or more marketing, like the PP extras MC?

Thank you all!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WF Platinum Card Mailer X2

"... invited to apply". Unfortunately, neither are pre-approved or pre-qualified offers OP. Although, WF does send these out.

In other words, marketing. Hey, at least they keep you in mind 👍😉
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Fin!

I supposed I should be asking more questions.

Who, besides myself, has received similar mail offers?
Did you apply?
What was your experience after applying?
Message 3 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Hello again..

How long have you had the WF Propel?

History with that will help you get another WF card, if that's what you're after..

Nice score! It seems to be on the rise.. Good on ya! 

These mailers/emails they send out (all LIs) sure make me mad.. They get people's hopes & expectations up and often slap 'em.

Not you OP but just in general.

Just so you know what it looks like, cause I'm sure you'll get them in the future; I'm gonna post a preapproval.  

No, I didn't take the card. LOL

Preapproval.png

Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

In addition to what @Pikaboo-icu mentioned and provided as a visual, the pre-screened criteria for marketing invitations vs. pre-approved offers will differ quite a bit OP.

So, your call if you wish to roll the dice (and HP) or wait until a more favorable, solid offer pops up.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again and thank you Pika!

I've had the Propel exactly a month and a half. Also wasn't sure if WF did the whole "you can't get another card with us for 6mo" thing. Scores are on the rise. Soooo happy and excited to finally see some progress.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm currently tending the garden but a nice pre-approved BT offer could make me wanna use a different fertilizer... I definitely do not want to waste a HP.
Message 7 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello again and thank you Pika!

I've had the Propel exactly a month and a half. Also wasn't sure if WF did the whole "you can't get another card with us for 6mo" thing. Scores are on the rise. Soooo happy and excited to finally see some progress.

Yay!!

I'm not sure about WF and if there's a wait period for more cards..

They're my bank for 12 yrs but I don't have any card with them LOL.

Just because I've learned they can be kinda conservative, I would give it 6 months before apping for another WF card, if it were me.

That gives them a good look at your payment history etc..

But by that time, you may find another card elsewhere, you like better. 

WarEagle.. Is your handle military related by any chance? 

If it is or if you have a path, you might set your sight on NFCU after gardening for a bit..

Just a thought..

PEACESIGN.gif  PEACE

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's very good advice. I shall wait. The WarEagle handle is more football than military related for me. I have uncles and cousins that have served but, I have not nor have any of my immediate family members. I'd love to get in with NFCU or USAA though. They seem like they're good to their people.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Fin!

I supposed I should be asking more questions.

Who, besides myself, has received similar mail offers?
Did you apply?
What was your experience after applying?

I have been receiving similar offers for the last year and a half since my rebuild took flight.  The ranges are not solid, and the offers are generated from FICO scores that were pulled at least a month to 3 months prior to the offer being sent.  Purely marketing as far as I can see. My mortgage is with Wells Fargo - they were not the lender I bought my house with, the original lender sold my mortgage to them.  I've been hesitant to have any other relationship with them (google Wells Fargo for the last couple of years and you'll understand my concerns.) In the last 24 hours I have received e-mails for the Wells Fargo Rewards card, Cashwise card, Propel, and a new checking account.  

I wonder if I cold apped if the APR could be better than the "invitation to apply" e-mails? Even the checking account sign-up bonus offer is lower than what you can get in branch or through a referral.  I might bite on one of the offers so I can diversify, but not right now.

As others have said, I'd recommend you use your new WF card regularly and PIF for 6 months before considering a second card.  And that would be true with any lender.  Gardening will help your profile and in 6 months, you could see better offers from other lenders! Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.