cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Propel - Declined pretty much

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Conflicted what card to apply for next...

@FinStar wrote:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  

FWIW, my Chase Freedom Flex works just fine on mobile wallet (Samsung Pay) 🤷.  Haven't tried on Apple Wallet.

my wallet is always mobile since i have to walkSmiley Wink. In a world full of chaos, live for the day, pick a card and apply, if they say no, batters up...NEXT!!!😝

Message 31 of 62
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Re: What credit card should I apply for? Annoyed and not on approvals.

Did you decide to pull the trigger on a card? 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 32 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Flex vs CapOne SavorOne Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I gathered here 1 year is the bare minium for chase to consider you with two years being a much better chance at approval. All pending the 5/24 rule of course. 

Also with COVID and other market conditions you want the best chance possible... 

I applied for the freedom flex with 3 recent accounts open and an AOOA of 8 months and an AAOA of 2 or 3 months. I'm not sure if my student loan history made my profile look better to them, because that would increase my oldest account and average age of accounts. 

Message 33 of 62
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tempted to go for the WF Propel but still feel iffy on approval. Figure I might be denied on the basis we don't want to extend you any more credit then we already have. 

Decided not going for the Chase Freedom Flex as it appears it has no mobile wallet support. Chase themsleves says no mobile wallet support for it. Some claim to have it working anyways but not sure. 

Freedom Unlimited would kinda be a duplicate of what I already have. 

I have the Chase Freedom, and it works like a charm with Apple Wallet.

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 34 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What credit card should I apply for? Annoyed and not on approvals.

@Conceptual23 wrote:

Did you decide to pull the trigger on a card? 

Going to wait to see if i get a CLI on my REDcard at my statement close and go from there. 

Message 35 of 62
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CAS2019 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tempted to go for the WF Propel but still feel iffy on approval. Figure I might be denied on the basis we don't want to extend you any more credit then we already have. 

Decided not going for the Chase Freedom Flex as it appears it has no mobile wallet support. Chase themsleves says no mobile wallet support for it. Some claim to have it working anyways but not sure. 

Freedom Unlimited would kinda be a duplicate of what I already have. 

I have the Chase Freedom, and it works like a charm with Apple Wallet.

There was never an issue with Chase Freedom and mobile wallets.   When the Chase Freedom Flex launched, there were questions about whether it worked, due to statements from Chase suggesting it didn't, at least at first.   But many examples of people having no issues now

Message 36 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF Propel App - Pending

Decided to try my luck and go for the WF Propel.

Seems it's gone to pending so we'll see if i get an approval or not.

Guess I can call in tomorrow to see if there is anything new. 

Message 37 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WF Propel App - Pending

Good luck with your application🤞  

I'll move your thread to the Applications forum.  Keep us posted.

Message 38 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Hopefully it's an approval but honestly now i'm even more iffy.

All I can do is hope and call in i guess Smiley Happy 

Message 39 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Hopefully it's an approval but honestly now i'm even more iffy.

All I can do is hope and call in i guess Smiley Happy 

Sending positive vibes your way.

I would hope it's a 'shoe-in' given your existing CC with WF, even though your profile might be a bit on the thin side but anything is possible.

I know there's been discussions in the past when you were considering other lenders, but have you given PayPal 2% MC another look?  How about Discover?  

While I realize lenders might have tightened the purse strings a bit, the Approvals forum is a good indication that CC originations are still happening.  Plus, you're the ideal candidate for Chase since you can clear 5/24 easily.   For me, I have to wait (my fault of course) for a juicy carrot from green/black stars pre-approved offers to effectively clear 5/24.  I was successful with a couple a while back, but the well is dry at the moment 🤷

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.