cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN TO APPLY ONLINE? (TIME OF DAY) DOES IT MATTER?

tag
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: WHEN TO APPLY ONLINE? (TIME OF DAY) DOES IT MATTER?

If you are far from home address when applying, system can flag as potential fraud... stolen information.
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually mine is. I'll start with Barclays Uber.  I cold-apped and was instantly denied. Called recon and was denied too.  Called like 45 mins. later and was the same lady I talked to earlier. I requested to move to a supervisor or LO, which she does but no one answered. She then offered to move my case to another department, gave me my case # and phone # to call. Went to sleep and woke up to an email stating an approval. Moving on to PenFed, I applied through phone and after getting some of my details, representative went to loan officer and after around 5 mins. I was denied as stated by representstive due to short credit history (mainly because of no installment loans). Offered me to get a co-borrower so my chances are higher. Called later to another representative and requested a LO. Operations manager took up the phone and offered to get my case to a LO, no success. OP manager moved my case to senior LO and got approved.

EDIT: I didn't even get to use the co-borrower information for PenFed.
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I understand!!!!! Yes, makes total sense. I am on my computer at home. It's crazy, I never thought of that though. Geez. Thx Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...That's awesome!!! Congrats. What did they ask you? Or did they just approve? Wow? I never ever though to do that. Hey, side note, can anyone get a pen fed or nfcu or other credit union card? Any work arounds? The NFCU gives big limits!!

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The stuff they ask you is your details for verification.  Other than that, you explain the stuff from your CR that they don't like.  I tried to explain my short credit history with the OP manager which she then tried to move my case to LO.  Different LOs can have different opinion on the same CR.

NFCU:  Either you are in the military or immediate family of military member.

PenFed:  Either you are in the military, or immediate family, or make a donation to a veteran organization, which I forgot the name.

Depending on your associations (places where you work, live, etc.), you may get a membership for Credit Unions.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice!! Much appreciated

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know the result, and post to Approval section once approved.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling the trigger. Any reccommendations on which BOA card to go for? I could use all the rewards types? Cash, Travel and Premium Rewards. Do you know which has a decent minumum starting limit? Meaning, which gives the highest limit? Would love a BIG SL.  LoL. Thoughts?

Message 18 of 28
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pulling the trigger. Any reccommendations on which BOA card to go for? I could use all the rewards types? Cash, Travel and Premium Rewards. Do you know which has a decent minumum starting limit? Meaning, which gives the highest limit? Would love a BIG SL.  LoL. Thoughts?

Since you asked I must put in here that questions and interest in "BIG SL" and "is the card metal" is really vanity and NOT credit. Worry about getting a card that you can use, and if it has rewards, that those rewards WORK for your lifestyle. ALMOST any card's CL can grow and that is what credit is all about it is a marathon not a quick "great feeling" sprint. Get approved for a card that will work for you and GROW the CL by paying off and responsible use....GOOD LUCK in applying!!!!!

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice. You can get really carried away w this whole credit game!!!!!!! Thanks again. Going to hold off for a few days and think this through!!!

M
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.