Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart MC

tag
Beulaensarangdi
Established Member

Wal-Mart MC

I have read that Capital One's prequalification is fairly reliable.  I know they manage the Wal-Mart card(s) now, is that prequal pretty reliable as well?  It shows that I am prequalified for the MC version of the card.

I really am considering this, as I shop there enough, order online with them, do pickup etc so it would be useful and to have the MC version that would earn rewards/points everywhere would be great too.

I realize that things are profile dependent, score, derogs (if any) and all of that, but is there that possibility that I could apply, approve and get a $300 limit on the MC version?  Is there the famous or infamous "bucket" associated with this card as well?

Thanks for any insight and information!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart MC

Walmart CC is one of the easier Cap1 cards to get, however still all depends on your score/credit profile!

If you like to provide more insight in to your CR, then we can probably give you better assessment!

Message 2 of 6
Beulaensarangdi
Established Member

I won't get into major details - that's for the rebuilding forum LoL

But I am rebuilding
Have a few "rebuilder" cards - that I am trimming down as we speak
Ones that get good use are my Capital One Savor One ($300), Target Red Card ($400)

Scores hover around the 610-620 range but should see a small boost, if any, once the closed accounts report 0 balance and my utilization updates

Don't get me wrong, I don't and wouldn't mind any limit with the card - especially since it showed as prequalified for the Mastercard version - just was curious as to the bucketing, or possible limit (which I understand is very hard to tell or gauge)

Message 3 of 6
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I would wait till score hit 650+

Your not pre-approved, therefore just wait another 6 months or so before going for it.

Good job on your rebuild.

Message 4 of 6
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Do a self builder loan,  where you make a set $ deposit amount ( like a holiday club ) but reports as a loan with monthly payments... at the end your funds less fees are returned......it will help build your file, and greatly increase your scores in a few months

Message 5 of 6
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Beulaensarangdi wrote:

I have read that Capital One's prequalification is fairly reliable.  I know they manage the Wal-Mart card(s) now, is that prequal pretty reliable as well?  It shows that I am prequalified for the MC version of the card.

I really am considering this, as I shop there enough, order online with them, do pickup etc so it would be useful and to have the MC version that would earn rewards/points everywhere would be great too.

I realize that things are profile dependent, score, derogs (if any) and all of that, but is there that possibility that I could apply, approve and get a $300 limit on the MC version?  Is there the famous or infamous "bucket" associated with this card as well?

Thanks for any insight and information!

Their Preapprovals are pretty solid but remember there is a big difference between Prequalified and Preapproved. Based on that (your PreQualified not Preapproved) and your current DP's. I'd personally wait 6-12 months as I'm not sure you'd be approved and if so yes the CL may be very small and hard to get increased for a while.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.