cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart Shopping Cart Trick Suckssss.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wal-Mart Shopping Cart Trick Suckssss.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Wow the nostalgia some topics stir up again Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous @ CM7. You are cute. 

Message 21 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

In my time here and reading (long time)Smiley Sad

I've heard of maybe at best 3-5 cases of the Walmart Popup SCT

Do I put faith in the accuracy of those accounts? I have to be honest no I don't 

Is it possible that maybe the system went crazy one night and a regular popup didn't result in a HP? Absolutely 

But until I see say 20 proven cases out of the hundreds of thousands Lol.... In my eyes it didn't happen 

Just my 2 cent FWIW

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

In my time here and reading (long time)Smiley Sad

I've heard of maybe at best 3-5 cases of the Walmart Popup SCT

Do I put faith in the accuracy of those accounts? I have to be honest no I don't 

Is it possible that maybe the system went crazy one night and a regular popup didn't result in a HP? Absolutely 

But until I see say 20 proven cases out of the hundreds of thousands Lol.... In my eyes it didn't happen 

Just my 2 cent FWIW

+1

Message 23 of 32
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

As I stated previously, the rate of occurance is substantially lower and almost unicorn but the notion of SCT is not Comenity alone. Comenity is just hard up for card holders but has about the same rate of closures as they do opens so I would suffice it to say that a SCT in the case of Synchrony is much more reliable in terms of a long term creditor relationship. Thus, the rate of occurance being more choosey. Just because the rate of occurance isn't high doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You can't have an absolute if the data supplied isn't absolute.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 24 of 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah well i can remember a couple of years back where a choice lucky few members here posted getting their Walmart card thru a SP preapproval but honestly even back then those were very rare.

I cold apped it and amazon but Evine pulled off a famous Comenity Jack-In-The-Box pop up.

That card today (if i held onto it) would easily be $10-15K  Smiley LOL 

Message 25 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah well i can remember a couple of years back where a choice lucky few members here posted getting their Walmart card thru a SP preapproval but honestly even back then those were very rare.

I cold apped it and amazon but Evine pulled off a famous Comenity Jack-In-The-Box pop up. That card today would be probably be $10-15K easy Smiley LOL 

Maybe even higher

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 26 of 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I cold apped it and amazon but Evine pulled off a famous Comenity Jack-In-The-Box pop up. That card today would be probably be $10-15K easy Smiley LOL 

Maybe even higher

True, even higher.

I was trying to be conservative with that number but Synchrony absolutely loved growing that crazy TV card when i had it so much that it worried me Walmart and Amazon would never catch up to it.

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like it being called as SCT w/ synchrony because it is not a trick they are lucky preapprovals. Comenity has a huge list of tried-and-true companies that it works with.

At the same time for a pre-approval to work you really need to scrutinize your mailing address info and make sure everything matches up if theyre pulling your TransUnion It's gotta be right, just like EX.
Message 28 of 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been reading a lot about the shopping cart trick, so I decided to try it out with Wal-Mart. I went through the entire process online, and when it came time to check out, I was offered to apply for a Wal-Mart CC and if approved I would get an additional 25% off my order. So I filled out all the information and then submitted it, the check came back with “We will inform you of our decision by mail within 7-10 business days (basically I was denied). I didn’t mind because after reading about the shopping cart trick, it was only supposed to be a soft hit. Well later on that day I got an alert from MyFIco stating an inquiry had hit my TU, and it was Wal-Mart, not only did it not perform a soft hit, it performed a Hard Hit and it shows a hard hit 2 times for the same date. Very disappointed in this shopping cart trick, personally I will never attempt this again.

Whatever you do OP you need to do whatever it takes to bring your TransUnion FICO score up to get synchrony's attention in your favor. Although those hits are already going to dampen down an already low TU, it's the effort which will count in trying to regain those points.

If you absolutely are set on obtaining new cards, and with some approvals also helping your scores to come up across the board (including TU), you will want to target potential lenders that pull your current highest score and from your siggy TU is not in any good position at all yet. 

Your EQUIFAX right now looks to have the best possible chance for some useful approval for you. Also you might want to try to consider CU's that are easy to join with that also offer CC's even for that current EQ score.

I've been approved for a CU card of $2500 with a EQ 649 before so it can be done. Lately some choice CU's have been seen as very generous in starting new customers out so that is one possibility worth exploring that's more useful right now then stressing over what's already done.

Hope you nothing but better days and happier results going forward. Study the crap out the posts in these forums all you can while you work on it..

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DH received a pre-approval at check out.  It printed the offer on a receipt.  He decided to take it since he was 2 yrs post BK.  They still did a hp.  I usually get a pre-approved offer for sams mc when I go to Sams.  My first pre-approval was $2800.  My last one in February was $4500.  I have never accepted because I don't know if it is a hp or sp.  I am going this week so I will see what I get. I may accept just to see.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.