Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart store card CLI Egyptian denial

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Wal-Mart store card CLI Egyptian denial

I figured I would try and get one last time to get a CLI before cappy one takes it over.

I had to call CS and spent about 15 minutes for verification and hold times.
CS stated I could get the increase "if" I reduced my other lines by 14K. Ummm hell to the NO lol.

So I guess I have joined the "club". I have only gotten this reasoning once before with penfed.

Oh well worth a shot.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wal-Mart store card CLI Egyptian denial

What is an Egyptian denial?
Message 2 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, when individuals referred to the former terminology, it was due to the amount of unsecured/open available credit inclusive of any escalating debt patterns with other lenders. The terminology that PenFed used was "pyramidying debts" as a declined reason.

AFAIK, reduction of existing lines with the same lender didn't translate to the pyramidying debts factor, though. This is simply reducing exposure internally to reallocate somewhere else, so not necessarily "Egyptian" from how it's been used in the past.

ETA - @Jnbmom, can you clarify whether they meant the suggested reduction was with other lenders or internally with SYNCB?
Message 3 of 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:
I figured I would try and get one last time 
Oh well worth a shot. *YOU MAY STILL HAVE AMMO- maybe

Is it a store card or the MC?  Cuz.......if you can get the MC then, hell to yeah, if they'd wanna put that much on the MC  (But that's just wishful thinking I know), but dang!  I'd call back if it's the store card and try to flip that mutha.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
IIRC, when individuals referred to the former terminology, it was due to the amount of unsecured/open available credit inclusive of any escalating debt patterns with other lenders. The terminology that PenFed used was "pyramidying debts" as a declined reason.

AFAIK, reduction of existing lines with the same lender didn't translate to the pyramidying debts factor, though. This is simply reducing exposure internally to reallocate somewhere else, so not necessarily "Egyptian" from how it's been used in the past.

ETA - @Jnbmom, can you clarify whether they meant the suggested reduction was with other lenders or internally with SYNCB?

@FinStar 

It was my "other synchrony accounts" which surprised me a bit, I know it is all essentially the same bank, but thought different cards , different criterias. So just for poops  and giggles hit my paypal credit up with the new CLI button  and went from 2904 to 6K, clear as mud I suppose 😂

Sorry about the Egyptian analogy, but I just associated that with the ever popular pyramid debt reference penfed likes to throw around.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:
I figured I would try and get one last time 
Oh well worth a shot. *YOU MAY STILL HAVE AMMO- maybe

Is it a store card or the MC?  Cuz.......if you can get the MC then, hell to yeah, if they'd wanna put that much on the MC  (But that's just wishful thinking I know), but dang!  I'd call back if it's the store card and try to flip that mutha.

@GApeachy 

It's the store card so I really don't need that much on it anyway, just thought before the takeover since Cap one will never be in my wallet by choice 😑

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Alright, thanks for the update and that makes sense @Jnbmom. I think there's been a few recent Walmart CLI successes so I don't blame you for trying 😁..."in before Capital One train takes over!"

It surprises me though that they would want you to reduce your other internal exposure to approve the CLI. That typically happens (IME) when someone is over the $100K max with them. But, hey kudos on the PayPal Credit CLI (reduction not necessary after all huh 😜).

I remember a similar PenFed "pyramidying debts" experience plus IIRC @CreditCuriosity went through the same thing with First Tech FCU a while back. In order for them to approve a new CC they wanted a substantial reduction on other lenders' lines. Pass! And, while I understand and respect their UW policies, just not the right fit IME.
Message 7 of 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom  Stop trying to rob Synch! Capital One did that already  Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar 

Thanks yes  let's see my ma with them as follows:

Walmart 10k

Amazon 10K

Marvel 5K

PP mc 8K

Lowe's 35K

Care credit 20K

Car credit 10K

PayPal credit 2904 (at that time)

Total 100,904 in lines sooooo yes over 100K, didn't realize that hmmmmm

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@FinStar 

Thanks yes  let's see my ma with them as follows:

Walmart 10k

Amazon 10K

Marvel 5K

PP mc 8K

Lowe's 35K

Care credit 20K

Care credit 10K

PayPal credit 2904 (at that time)

Total 100,904 in lines sooooo yes over 100K, didn't realize that hmmmmm

Two care credits? I didn't know that was possible. 

Maybe you give up some Lowes CL to get the Wally CLI & when the card moves to Cap1 you get it back? 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.