Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Card denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Card denial

I got my notification via email why my Walmart card was denied and it stated too many inquiries.  I cannot argue that!  I pushed 6 in one day because I wanted to do it before another car loan started reporting and take advantage of the ding to my CR.  (lost 4 but gained 3)

I have a handful of inquiries that will fall off end of this month.  Next set won't be unil a year from now.  Anyone have success reapplying within a fw months?  The only other cards I would like to have would be this one (Since I shop there nearly daily) and a NFCU card. 

Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Card denial

You'd be better off waiting for a year and then reapply. I was in the same boat five years ago and was denied 3 times.....I waited about a year and a half and bam, suddenly I was approved.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow 6 in one day... that is ambitious and I admire your courage. I have added 8 cards this year 3 in January and then a card or two every couple of months. I don't have the Walmart card, but I do have the Sam's Club MC, which in my opinion is easier to get because of the membership. 

I app'd in Sam's when I joined. They had/have some deal where if you apply they give you a $45 statement credit which is the price of membership. This card works at Walmart and so do the Sam's Club giftcards, which I purchase using my double cashback Discover card during the warehouse quarters. I do most of my shopping at Walmart and Aldi.

Message 3 of 6
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

And if you got the Sam's Club credit card - it can be used at all Walmarts.....

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow 6 in one day... that is ambitious and I admire your courage. I have added 8 cards this year 3 in January and then a card or two every couple of months. I don't have the Walmart card, but I do have the Sam's Club MC, which in my opinion is easier to get because of the membership. 

I app'd in Sam's when I joined. They had/have some deal where if you apply they give you a $45 statement credit which is the price of membership. This card works at Walmart and so do the Sam's Club giftcards, which I purchase using my double cashback Discover card during the warehouse quarters. I do most of my shopping at Walmart and Aldi.

I was ambitious!  I had a loan not reporting yet so wanted to take advantage of that before it did and utilize the HP hit.  I lost a total of 1pt  for all the inquiries Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Job!!

I so want to go after that $500 Savor bonus but cringe at the 3 hp's it would add.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.