cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for SavorOne, already have 2 cards with Cap1 but might close one. Should I?

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to apply for SavorOne, already have 2 cards with Cap1 but might close one. Should I?

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Cap One used to prequal for any card.

It was nice because if you prequaled for Venture (not venture one) then you knew you would get a $5k+ CL.

I guess they changed it.

GL!

@Shooting-For-800  Seriously! That was my favorite pre-qual app by a long shot. Whenever I got app itchy I went to Cap1's page and filled out the prequl. I checked my reports and they sure enough pulled a new SP every single time you ran your info through no matter how many times you used and abused it. It was literally the best real time gauge to see where you sat with a card approval. Also, just like you said, having the Venture show up as a preapproved card was such a great thing knowing that a lender was going to trust you with at least a $5,000 approval. Sometimes I fill out the Disco prequal and see if they give me their lowest APR. Its not as good though. Smiley Sad

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 11 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Want to apply for SavorOne, already have 2 cards with Cap1 but might close one. Should I?

As OP has now been approved for the Cap-1 S1 this thread is closed to further comments. Approval thread can be found here

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/APPROVED-for-Cap1-SavorOne-possibly-denied-fo...

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.