cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for some cards - Chase Marriot, and....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to apply for some cards - Chase Marriot, and....

Hey guys, been a while.  I was locked out of my other forums account - McLaren - and have been unable to regain access, despite emailing about the forums only account password reset.  So I've just made a new account.

I'm getting ready to apply for some cards, including the Chase Marriot w/ 80,000 point bonus, although I'm also looking into getting another card at the same time.  Right now, my only cards are a Discover It with a 2000$ limit, an AMEX EveryDay with $4000 limit, and a PRG (no limit, but high monthly reported balances).  

I have 0 INQ from any of the bureaus and a utilization of precisley 29 percent.  I'm expecting my scores to be in the mid 700s across the board, as I've just made significant payments.

I'm interested in the Marriot as I most likely would end up staying at one of their hotels, but I also was looking into getting the Chase Hyatt, as sometimes I stay there.

I'm planning on applying for the marriot and something else at the same time, so if anyone has any suggestions for what the second card should be - I'm all ears.  At the same time I wanted to perhaps ask for a CSL on my existing cards, particularly the Discover, which has had a high balance for some time, but I have just now paid down to 0.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to apply for some cards - Chase Marriot, and....

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, been a while.  I was locked out of my other forums account - @Anonymous - and have been unable to regain access, despite emailing about the forums only account password reset.  So I've just made a new account.

I'm getting ready to apply for some cards, including the Chase Marriot w/ 80,000 point bonus, although I'm also looking into getting another card at the same time.  Right now, my only cards are a Discover It with a 2000$ limit, an AMEX EveryDay with $4000 limit, and a PRG (no limit, but high monthly reported balances).  

I have 0 INQ from any of the bureaus and a utilization of precisley 29 percent.  I'm expecting my scores to be in the mid 700s across the board, as I've just made significant payments.

I'm interested in the Marriot as I most likely would end up staying at one of their hotels, but I also was looking into getting the Chase Hyatt, as sometimes I stay there.

I'm planning on applying for the marriot and something else at the same time, so if anyone has any suggestions for what the second card should be - I'm all ears.  At the same time I wanted to perhaps ask for a CSL on my existing cards, particularly the Discover, which has had a high balance for some time, but I have just now paid down to 0.

Any suggestions?

You would need to give more information as to what type of ard that you are looking for.  Travel?  Another cash back card?  More information will allow other posters give you reasonable suggestions other than listing every card in creation.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey - sorry.  I'm interested in the Marriot cards as I don't have any hotel cards, although if I were to start traveling more, I'd probably upgrade the PRG to the platinum.  Really I just wanted a hotel card, and then something else just to raise my available credit.  I typically spend the most at restaurants.

I'm also tempted to go for the Ritz.

What does Chase usually pull?  and you think its possible to get two cards with the same HP?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also - Forgot to mention, I'm trying to figure out what the best way to apply is.  While my revolving limits are not quite that high, my typical monthly spend on the PRG is between 5000 - 9000 a month.  I'm looking for a way to leverage my ability to work with such limits with 100% on time payments.

Is there a number I should call from the get go?  And additionally, if I went with The Ritz & The Marriot - or a different combination of chase cards, what are the chances the HP(s) would be the same ones in each case?

regarding CLIs, I've just paid my Discover down to a 0 balance, and am considering requesting a CLI of at least 2000 to match my AMEX EveryDay, but I would prefer a total limit of around 5-6000.  

I'm curious if it would be wisest to do all of this at the same time.  Would the CLI request be a SP or a HP?  Should I do the same with my AMEX (last statement balance around 40-45% util.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also interested in knowing if it's ONE HP when doing 2 Chase applications at the same time..
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.