cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting a Amex BCE CLI what should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanting a Amex BCE CLI what should I do?

Good morning all, happy labor day.

I was approved for my Amex BCE two 1/2 months ago. I have only 1 statement cut. It has now passed the recommended 61 days to request increases. I have charged up about 75 precent of my available limit then paid it all off and now i am at a zero balance. Should I wait until the second statment cuts before I request a CLI?

Thanks for your help.

14 REPLIES 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wanting a Amex BCE CLI what should I do?

** edited **

I stand corrected.  

Message 2 of 15
Flfico
Regular Contributor

You can request your 1st Amex cli at 61 days. Even if you requested early, it shouldn't reset the clock. Sometimes you just gotta roll the dice. Good luck!

Message 3 of 15
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

With AMEX you can make your initial CLI request 61 days after approval.  Normal guidance is to request up to 3X your SL with the caveat that a request of $35K or more may trigger an IRS 4506-C request to get copies of your last 2 years federal tax returns.  They will counteroffer.

No need to count number of statements.

If denied you can request again after an additional 90 days.

There is a very large master thread which has further details if one wants to expend the effort to research further.  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811...

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 15
ipmyf88
Valued Member

61 days is the minimum. There's nothing to lose, it's a soft pull anyways. I say go for it. And let us know!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashorcharge wrote:

I don't believe the timing is 61 days for your first, I believe it's at 91 days and at least 3 statements to close..and while the statements aren't as big a deal...like with NFCU, the 3 full months of data is preferred....especially for your first CLI

Thank you for your insight.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Flfico wrote:

You can request your 1st Amex cli at 61 days. Even if you requested early, it shouldn't reset the clock. Sometimes you just gotta roll the dice. Good luck!

Good to know, thank you. I only have  four total credit cards before I spread my wings to far, I am just focused on building up each card one at a time to improve my relationships and hopefully avoiding a lot of hard inquiries.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

With AMEX you can make your initial CLI request 61 days after approval.  Normal guidance is to request up to 3X your SL with the caveat that a request of $35K or more may trigger an IRS 4506-C request to get copies of your last 2 years federal tax returns.  They will counteroffer.

No need to count number of statements.

If denied you can request again after an additional 90 days.

There is a very large master thread which has further details if one wants to expend the effort to research further.  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811...

Thank you for sharing that info it was very very helpful. Read through all of it and think that I will apply for an credit limit increase in the next 24 hours. Wanted to wait until its not a holiday just in case I need to speak with someone.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ipmyf88 wrote:

61 days is the minimum. There's nothing to lose, it's a soft pull anyways. I say go for it. And let us know!

I have heard some have received hard pulls. That would just suck. I am going to freeze my reports prior to the seeking the CLI. I hope that will not hurt my chances. Thanks for your insight.

Message 9 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

What's the SL on your BCE? 

If it's $1000.00, you will most likely be waiting longer than 61 days, possibly till your file is clean.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.