cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website to Sign-Up to get BofA Pre-Approval Offers (not the BofA Pre-Approval Website)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Website to Sign-Up to get BofA Pre-Approval Offers (not the BofA Pre-Approval Website)

Sorry if this tip was either previously posted or if I misunderstood what I was told, which commonly occurs with me.

BofA told me today that I may one day receive a pre-approval offer from BofA if I enroll online at the following website:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/privacy

You specifically do not log into your BofA account to sign up to get these pre-approval offers.

I am laser-focused on getting a legacy bank card, and am seriously considering a secured bank card from WF, Citi, or BofA after having opened checking accounts with them.  Previous calls with a BofA CSR have lured me into applying for a BofA CC only to be denied.  Perhaps this webiste will result in a pre-approved email one day in 2021.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Website to Sign-Up to get BofA Pre-Approval Offers (not the BofA Pre-Approval Website)

The only way to get a true preapproval from BoA for a credit card is for an existing customer to be extended one through the Activity Center.  Other solicitations are variations of invitations-to-apply.

BTW that site you linked to is used to help give you some control over what information BoA can collect and what information they can share.

I don't see any correlation implied that signing up will lead to preapprovals, only boilerplate commentary that they may use the information collected to assist in among other things processing applications.  The only preapproval commentary I see is specific to mortgages.  Or, did I miss something?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Website to Sign-Up to get BofA Pre-Approval Offers (not the BofA Pre-Approval Website)

Thank you for the insight!!  I tend to hear what I want to hear to have me help myself get approved for a bank card.  I think you're spot on with your assessment, @coldfusion, and I'll begin checking the BofA Activity Center in frequent intervals.  It seems as though I'll have to wait until January 2022 before I can hope to get a pre-approval offer from one of the big banks.  Thank you again for your insght.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
ccquest
Established Contributor

BoA primarily shows me the Travel Rewards card in the Activity Center and through email invitations to apply. Today I got another email, but this one seems more marketing because it shows the Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards, and Premium Rewards and says it's good for today only (also when the last Travel Rewards offer expired). Premium Rewards is one I'm slightly interested in for the future, but not going for anything new at this time.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 4 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

emails are marketing, even if there is a response code. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a "legacy bank card?"

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be using an incorrect or dated term, but I was referring to a bank-issued credit card (not to be confused with other credit cards).

Message 7 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is a "legacy bank card?"

A bank-issued credit card that is not cobranded. It's a regular visa/mc/Amex with no cosponsor company. So for example, the Citi DoubleCash would be considered a legacy card, whereas the Citi BestBuy Visa is NOT a legacy card, but rather a cobranded card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

What you're referring to as a "legacy" card is more commonly referred to as a "core" card but they are both valid terms meaning the same thing.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.