tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Weirdest Disco CLI denial (for me)

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Meh.  They're throwing 💩 against the wall and hoping some of it sticks.

Well, after 18 months, they placed BT offers in my account...

How's that for mixed messages 😐

*Yo, you desperate. Here is BT offer, no $500.00 for you*

They might as well deny me with "You ain't marriage material" 

They do the same with me - in fact they emailed me a 0% 12 month 3% fee (3%, not a mistype) offer on Friday after another denial last month - but they aren't anywhere as clever with me as they are with you with their reasons.

Id be fine if you wanted to princess if they ever come back with "No Goats For You!".

lol no princessing 

Limit on this card is slightly under $25,000.00 so I should be grateful puter didn't spew "How dare you ask" reason.

I need increase on that card as much as I need tentacles on my back. 

Before anyone asks "Then why ask for increase", the answer is One Super Duper Extra Long Year in the garden. 

Girl gotta do something. I think. 

You get bored so this is your entrainment!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 11 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Well, they had to pay postage, so there is that.

The revenge shall be mine! 

*** Blank space for additional bloviating sentences***

There, now I feel better! 

Message 12 of 20
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I was told I'm not really Bride of God material by a nun in Sardinia, once.  Is that the same?

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Meh.  They're throwing 💩 against the wall and hoping some of it sticks.

Well, after 18 months, they placed BT offers in my account...

How's that for mixed messages 😐

*Yo, you desperate. Here is BT offer, no $500.00 for you*

They might as well deny me with "You ain't marriage material" 

Message 13 of 20
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Discover decisioning process, brought to you by LOL Cats.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 14 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Maybe I've graduated to "Sufficient experience at not using our card" 

It's all good, I didn't expect it, certainly don't need it, but I did find the reasons rather peculiar. I don't think they are random or made up. 

Interpreting them properly is where my struggle starts. 

It may have everything to do with me no longer micromanaging balances, so on CR it appears as increase in utilization since I'm not paying before the statement, and if I add presence of PL (with what appears to be increased utilization), it starts making sense. 

LOL Cats are equally valid explanation. 

Message 15 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

It's all good, I didn't expect it, certainly don't need it, but I did find the reasons rather peculiar. I don't think they are random or made up. 

It may have everything to do with me no longer micromanaging balances, so on CR it appears as increase in utilization since I'm not paying before the statement, and if I add presence of PL (with what appears to be increased utilization), it starts making sense. 

Just when I decide their lending decisions can't get any more confusing, they say, "hold my beer."  Smiley Indifferent

Their letter to you makes little sense, but of course they have a reputation to uphold.  Speaking of making little sense, they're now offering me a promo balance transfer of 9 months at 0% for a 4% fee.  Yeah... no thanks. Smiley Frustrated

As weird as they are, like you I can't complain too much.  Their 5% quarters have been working out well for me, and they have been drama-free.  Back in September I had a single PayPal purchase of just over $900, and they didn't flinch.  (For the record neither did PayPal, which was nice... I figured one or the other would get 'skeered' since that purchase amount was way out-of-pattern for me.)

I suspect if you hit them up again in a few months the results will be different, possibly even shockingly different (as in, a really big increase), but of course you already know that.  That's just how they roll...

Message 16 of 20
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Just when I decide their lending decisions can't get any more confusing, they say, "hold my beer."  Smiley Indifferent

Their letter to you makes little sense, but of course they have a reputation to uphold.  Speaking of making little sense, they're now offering me a promo balance transfer of 9 months at 0% for a 4% fee.  Yeah... no thanks. Smiley Frustrated

As weird as they are, like you I can't complain too much.  Their 5% quarters have been working out well for me, and they have been drama-free.  Back in September I had a single PayPal purchase of just over $900, and they didn't flinch.  (For the record neither did PayPal, which was nice... I figured one or the other would get 'skeered' since that purchase amount was way out-of-pattern for me.)

I suspect if you hit them up again in a few months the results will be different, possibly even shockingly different (as in, a really big increase), but of course you already know that.  That's just how they roll...

Just like rolling dice in Vegas, Monaco, or Macu...except you can get rich in these locations.

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 17 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

That's a bizarre letter, really.  I would not have expected you to get anything other than the random "Insufficient experience with current credit limit." letter followed by "Nothing changed since the last 6 times you asked, but why not?  Here's $7000 more."

Message 18 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hmm never seen those reasons before, with ANY lender. Disco just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Smiley Indifferent

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 20
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

lmao that's really sad. As for me it's the classic, "not enough spend". I hit their 10% monthly but that's not enough to warrant a CLI. I feel like I got a bucketed account. It was my 3rd card and I was at my highest TU score of ~800 or so, now I'm at my 750s seems like they will never get my a CLI since I reported my CLI almost a year ago so they can't increase on "old info". I feel like I could probably just app for a 2nd card and get a 5-8K SL card. Sorta like those C1 cards where they bucket you to those $500 to $3000 CL and you can't get CLI anymore.

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.