Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo CLI?

Okay so I currently have a wells fargo student card with them $800 limit. I called the credit dept. and requested an increase to $2000. The rep told me I would be recieving a letter in reference for the increase whether or not if they were gonna need additional info, counter offer or denial. 

Has anyone had any experirence with wells fargo increases possibly by recieving a letter? Or should i be set that its a denial?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CLI?

WF sucks, they always hp you when cli,they cheap they don't have the backbone. if it's letter it's denied.

Sorry m8.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The guy i spoke with said speaking with him it would only be a soft pull, but if i requested to speak to another analyst it would end up being a hard pull. 

hope it was a sp

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

In todays credit world anything possible but sounds like a denial.
Message 4 of 7
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

My girlfriend has a Wells Fargo card that was stuck at a $1500 limit for about 5 years. She got a CSP back in March and moved all her spend minus her gym membership to it. Couple months ago she received a letter notifying her that they’d bumped her limit to $3,100. Not exactly what you’d asked about, but it goes to show not all letters are negative.

Message 5 of 7
peghede
Valued Contributor

not all letters are negative ,only the ones from wells fargo.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one time I requested a cli from WF it was a soft pull for about $3k. Card is from 2011,started at 1k, had 2 or 3 auto cli + my request and is now at $6.3k.

I agree with everyone else though WF totally sucks & the only spend they get from me these days is our phone bill for the insurance coverage.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.