Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa

I just applied for the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa and was denied for too many accounts within the last 24 months (9/24, 1/12). I've been gardening mostly for the past year and just recently got the itch again so I went on a tiny bit of a spree. Since the past several years I've focused mainly on travel cards I decided to go with cash back this time around and avoid AFs!

FICO: 770s-790s

Inquiry: TU6, EQ5, EX similar but too lazy to look

6 cards

4 instant approval (PenFed Pathfinder $2500, USB Cash+ $15K, BoA CR $25K, Marvel $2500)

1 pending (AMEX ED, approved without recon $16.9K)

1 denial (WF Cash Wise)

(PenFed compliments my TravElite nicely! Marvel because I've just really wanted the card for a long time now haha... I chose the Avengers team design though I'm debating about ordering the Spidey one later. Any opinions on the looks of the designs/favorite one??)

I called today to speak with WF CSR and was told the bad news and there was nothing they could do. HUCA'd another CSR and this lady was very cheerful and friendly and immediately offered to put the app in for manual review and told me to call back in 72 hours.

This is my first foray into CC with WF and based on what I've read they are a pain/near impossible to recon with. Any success stories?

Thanks for reading! :-)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa

Looks like you already have your Citi DC. Why did you want apply for the WFCW? sign up bonus ? I guess. 

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like you already have your Citi DC. Why did you want apply for the WFCW? sign up bonus ? I guess. 

Kinda what I was wondering.. Sub takes about 3 months as well to post.  I suppose I have a ton of cards though I don't need so who am I to say Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Kinda what I was wondering.. Sub takes about 3 months as well to post.  I suppose I have a ton of cards though I don't need so who am I to say Smiley Happy

Yes, bonus chasing. The only exception to that on the list is the Marvel card.

Usually I would go after travel rewards but I have so many points at the moment that I figured cash rewards is the way to go right now to scratch my itch. I also plan on using the card for my cell phone bill for the free insurance (unless I see an AMEX offer or similar for certain months).

The fastest I read about the bonus posting was "1 day after 2nd statement." but generally 3 months was most common. Of course all that is moot if I'm not approved.. 

Edit: My sig hasn't been updated in over a year. I don't think I have a "ton" of cards.. After this spree I'll be sitting at 28 active cards after closing 5 this year. I am most definitely not in the "close it if you don't need/use it" camp... More like: if there's no AF, keep it as long as they let you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to apply twice for this card. I was also denied for too many new accounts the first time. I waited about 5 months, opened a checking account to get that SUB in the meantime and tried again. This time it went to review and was finally approved. HOWEVER, I didn't know about their rule about one SUB every 15 months on any of their cards. Found that out when I applied for the World Propel and part of the terms said I was not eligible for promotional items such as SUB/APR. Knowing that now, I would have gone for that card first as I'm sure Cash Wise will be around for longer. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.