Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

tag
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Does anyone have any information on the rules for applying for any of Wells Fargo cards , do they have any rules like chase or Amex thanks for all you do !!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Credit Cards

Insofar as published or derived rules like 5/24 or Citi 6/6 no but they're inquiry/new account sensitive and prefer to issue cards to applicants who are already bank customers, checking/savings are sufficient.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Trooper2003 wrote:

Does anyone have any information on the rules for applying for any of Wells Fargo cards , do they have any rules like chase or Amex thanks for all you do !!

They normally like a banking relationship. Just throwing a few dollars in an account, can actually work against you.

I ahve read of some decent approvals with NO banking relationship .. But one must have a pretty strong profile,

with no credit seeking behavior. As stated, they are sensitive to new accounts/Inquiries.

If you ever have to speak to UW, they don't have a lot of mercySmiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not any hard and fast rules but they can be tough to get the foot in the door with. As others have said, they like banking relationships, and often ones over time. That's not to say it's impossible to get a card from them without a banking relationship. I've never banked with them and was able to get the Propel.

I think the further you're out from recent inquiries, approvals, and denials, the better chances you'll have. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.