Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Platinum App Under Consideration

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Platinum App Under Consideration

Looking for advice on recon for WF Plat ONLINE app from Saturday 7/14 - not an instant approval, got the 7-10 day notification. Would it be more advantageous to recon at my local branch or call the backdoor number? I am an active customer since 2017. Appreciate any and all help - thanks!

Editing to add more DPs:

Scores are updated in the sig., prior to this weekend.

Inquiries in past 12 months, coming into July 2019: 

EQ: 3 (Last inq was Aug 2018)

TU: 4 (Last inq was Aug 2018)

EX: 1 (Last inq was Jul 2018)

New inquiries this app spree weekend, in the order I app'd: 1) KIA Motors - approved (pulled all 3 CBs); 2) Citi (pulled EX, EQ) - approved; 3) Disco (pulled EX, EQ) - approved; 4) Wells Fargo (EX only) - wait list. NOTE - I would NOT have app'd for the WF at this time, had I known they would pull EX. I only app'd because 1) I've been receivng offers (mailers) to apply almost weekly, and 2) I had faulty intel that they pull only TU in GA. Intuitively it didn't sound right, but I went for it anyway, and I clearly mis-read whatever sources I was researching.

In any event, given that I app'd, I at least want to give it all I can to try and deliver this card in the win column.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum App Under Consideration

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking for advice on recon for WF Plat ONLINE app from Saturday 7/14 - not an instant approval, got the 7-10 day notification. Would it be more advantageous to recon at my local branch or call the backdoor number? Appreciate any and all help - thanks!

can't hurt to Recon, if a current WF Customer, I'd Try Branch Manager.

if not current WF Customer, probably Backdoor #

maybe more opinions/advice coming, in this thread.

GL2U

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 007 - good point to add, I am an active customer since 2017.

Message 3 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking for advice on recon for WF Plat ONLINE app from Saturday 7/14 - not an instant approval, got the 7-10 day notification. Would it be more advantageous to recon at my local branch or call the backdoor number? I am an active customer since 2017. Appreciate any and all help - thanks!

It depends on your DPs. Please share. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, good point -  I will edit my original so others will see as well, upfront. Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

DPs added, thanks!

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hanks.

Message 6 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Wells isn't really known for recon results. You can call the backdoor number and see what's up with the application and go from there. I don't see much point in wasting a trip to the branch because you can get the same information from the phone number and I don't think it makes any difference in the underwriting decision.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Wells isn't really known for recon results. You can call the backdoor number and see what's up with the application and go from there. I don't see much point in wasting a trip to the branch because you can get the same information from the phone number and I don't think it makes any difference in the underwriting decision.

Thanks, kdm - this is exactly what I was wondering... does the branch (manager) have any more juice or authority than the central app processing or underwriting depts.

Message 8 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DPs added, thanks!

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hanks.

Ugh, that’s a lot of inqs in the last 12 mos: 6 EQ, 5 TU, 5 EX. How many total in last 24 mos? What does UT look like?

IMHO, I think this is a decline but, of course, anything is possible. 

GL

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DPs added, thanks!

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hanks.

Ugh, that’s a lot of inqs in the last 12 mos: 6 EQ, 5 TU, 5 EX. How many total in last 24 mos? What does UT look like?

IMHO, I think this is a decline but, of course, anything is possible. 

GL

Appreciate the feedback. Yes, no argument there - let's just say I won't be adding Chase to the portfolio for a while...

Utilization is managed to 7-8% across the board, owing a lot to learning from previous mistakes as well as the great people and advice here in the forum.

Past 24 months inquiries, including this weekend: 12 EQ, 7 TU, 11 EX. Most of them occurring in 3 primary spurts: this past weekend was planned - 8 inqs (2 autos, adding desired cards to portfolio to occur after the auto loan inquiries); a year ago Jul/Aug 2018 - 8 inqs (new mortgage, new creditors), and Jan 2018 - 9 (re-starting porfolio). This weekend's efforts will complete my HP activity for 2019. I will, of course, continue to take advantage of SP CLI opportunities (e.g. AMEX and CapOne).

FYI - all the cards in my sig (with the exception of the Cap One QS) were added in 2018. AMEX has been good - only one HP for the 5 trades. Rebuilding credit after several (too many) years of taking my eye off the ball on my credit. As recently as 2017 I was mired in the 500s.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.