cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Amex Cli Request Pending??

tag
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Propel Amex Cli Request Pending??

So, I called in and requested a cli on my Wells Fargo Propel Amex today. The rep assured me that a hp would not be required unless additional review was needed. He asked income-related questions, then came back and said I would be notified about the decision. This is a denial, right?! In the past if I was denied, I was informed while I was on the line. However, this is my first time requesting a cli through Wells Fargo, so I wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience! 

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Amex Cli Request Pending??

I am seriously considering adding WF to my wallet. Hope it works out for you.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

All but one of the CLI that took my $1k SL goRewards (officially upgraded to visa signature last Friday) to its current $6250 were auto. After fixing up my credit along with increased spend I Called the number, rep in overseas call center verified my identity and asked me for a specific credit limit I read looking to get, which caught me off guard as I'd never requested a cli and thought it was a "we'll tell you what you get" situation. Card at the time was $3600 - I think I said 8-10k and when they pressed for a singly number I said 10k. Put on hold & and came back saying they couldn't approve my request for 10 but offered $6.3k which I took.

The other time I tried and was denied I was told over the phone that the request was declined & that I'd be getting a letter informing me of their denial reasons. This is the same experience friends & family have had when declined for WF cli. I wouldn't give up hope just yet - could be a verification or proof of identity hold up on what will end as an approval. Good luck!

Mean - WF was great in my rebuild but they're a shady bank who has good but not exceptional cards & a tendency to not be very flexible with PC requests or combining cards - that is unless you consider closing existing aged trade lines to HP apply for a new credit line with the card features of combined limit you hoped to change to. Not saying they're terrible but it you can land an approval from them lenders like Amex, chase, Citi and even Cap1 have equal or better products with better service.
Message 3 of 13
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info! I wasn't sure what to think because normally they would just tell you it's denied. I'll post again when I find out! Smiley Indifferent

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interested in knowing when you find out.

I just picked up an offer for checking account and eventually want to get one of their cards.

By the way, the offer was to open a checkings, have three monthly direct deposits totalling $1500 for three consecutive months and then receiving a $300 bonus. It is trageted for certain states/ cities (san diego being one).  There are other nationwide offers for a $200  bonus.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey I was born & raised in SD! You living there now? Sometimes miss it but after 26 years I was ready for change.

Does that checking offer you picked up include a savings or "way2save" account where they deposit $1 into savings from checking each time you use a card? If you got any savings with WF be very weary. Minimum account balance & monthly deposit requirements are where I've seen the most improperly charged fee's across our 4 WF checking and accounts. Interestingly they only seem to have trouble seeing my wife's checking account clearly meeting the "$1500 min balance to waive $5 monthly fee" and not my own - and hers on average beat my balance by at least $5k.

When I asked her why she thinks it's always her and not me -
"They don't go after you because you got that white man protection. My account must be flagged code brown"
Message 6 of 13
Jwagner
Valued Member

I’ve got a number of WF cards (including the Amex Propel 365), as well as checking, saving, etc. - which is odd since they’re shady AF and I don’t like them - but they have my oldest account at 17yrs and I don’t want to murder that AAoA by closing it. Anyhow, to the point, WF is extremely tight and CLI’s are minimal and infrequent. If you want sizable or substantially growth, WF is NOT the bank to go with.

Their Amex Propel isn’t a real Amex and CLI’s are solely at WF’s discretion.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey I was born & raised in SD! You living there now? Sometimes miss it but after 26 years I was ready for change.

Does that checking offer you picked up include a savings or "way2save" account where they deposit $1 into savings from checking each time you use a card? If you got any savings with WF be very weary. Minimum account balance & monthly deposit requirements are where I've seen the most improperly charged fee's across our 4 WF checking and accounts. Interestingly they only seem to have trouble seeing my wife's checking account clearly meeting the "$1500 min balance to waive $5 monthly fee" and not my own - and hers on average beat my balance by at least $5k.

When I asked her why she thinks it's always her and not me -
"They don't go after you because you got that white man protection. My account must be flagged code brown"

Yes, i've been here in SD as well.  I did not open a savings account, only checkings.  Below is the link for the offer.

Wells Fargo $300 bonus offer

Message 8 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

"STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO!!" - Ron Burgundy Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jwagner wrote:
I’ve got a number of WF cards (including the Amex Propel 365), as well as checking, saving, etc. - which is odd since they’re shady AF and I don’t like them - but they have my oldest account at 17yrs and I don’t want to murder that AAoA by closing it. 

We were /are the same way - had 2 checking, two savings & 2 cards with WF. All the accounts except one savings and the credit cards were originally Wachovia until WF ate them up. Complained about how much we hate WF for the last several years before finally getting our act together and moving assets to nfcu & UVA credit union. Since closing a card on good terms still counts positively on scores for 10 years I closed the oldest "deplorable bucket" platinum card they refused to grow or add rewards to after graduating from secured. Keeping the $6k cash/goRewards card despite crap 1% rate, bigger then my average limit & recently upgraded to signature though I only use it for att bills to get the extra insurance. Honestly the only thing I like about WF is my RSA  SecureID token dongle for 2factor authentication - easier than getting text message and it's presence on my key chain is a neat conversation piece.

Regarding how shady they are - my youngest brother in law was a low level banker for WF back in like 2011-2012 and I remember him calling us and asking if he could open then close dummy accounts for us to help his numbers and that it wouldn't cost us anything. We told him that was super sketchy and no f'ing way. Years later the news breaks about this very practice.... 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.