Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Amex Solid pre approval

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo Propel Amex Solid pre approval

Ive been eyeing this card and was surprised today after logging into my account and noticing a pre approval with a solid APR, never appeared before. Its very tempting but I will pass for the time being since I am going through mortgage underwriting at the moment.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 3.57.17 PM.png

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Amex Solid pre approval

I feel ya..

I've been wanting the Propel since it launched.. I just checked and I have an offer with 0%/12 months & 20.99% apr after that but that seems a bit high to me. 

I don't often carry balances so I guess if needed, I could carry a balance on another card..

I'm still hesitant to app for anything new- I need to meet the $3000 spend but with Christmas coming that would be easy..

UGH- Decisions..  Good & evil.gif

I think I'm going to wait it out- so I'll suffer through it with you.  CHEERSCheers.gif

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job - but if you aren't providing stats then you're just bragging. 

Message 3 of 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice job - but if you aren't providing stats then you're just bragging. 

Honestly what good are DP's?

There hasn't been any actual approvals just offers so the DP's are pretty moot until an approval, SL etc have been reached. 

No? 

I don't consider sharing on this forum "bragging", it alerts others, that perhaps want that product to check for approvals of their own. 

Which is exactly what the OP's post did- 

CHEERS

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Where do you actually see if you have preapprovals with Wells? I didnt even know they offered them. Learning everydaySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers!
Message 6 of 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Where do you actually see if you have preapprovals with Wells? I didnt even know they offered them. Learning everydaySmiley Wink

Hey AJC!  SmileyJoy.gif

It's not like any other site- good 'ole Wells Fargo making things difficult. LOL

Mine was just a link under my account on the main page. I bank there (yeah DOPE) so when I'm on the main accounts page, it shows up. 

Also they have a box of ads & it will show there, you click it and it has the APR etc... I'm not even sure it's a solid offer but it has a static APR unlike everywhere else the Propel is promoted.

CHEERS & have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving (ALL my My Fico friends!)!!   dancing-turkey-2.gif

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

... There hasn't been any actual approvals just offers ...

I was approved two weeks ago, but without a pre-approval offer. Details are here for those curious. 

Message 8 of 9
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Go for it, if you like it. Just do your research. Mine is going on the chopping block soon..

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.