Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Customer Service

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on app WF Propel

I will source my WF Propel Denial: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Wells-Fargo-Propel-Customer-Service/m-p/59...

I just wanted to know if it's a lost cost to even try for the card. With all the RECON and HP I am trying for this card, it's literally destroying me. 

I established a savings account just today with the company, not sure it will help. The account is not where I will do my primary banking and the account wasn't originally for the card

I just wanted something to at least get 3% in most other categories. A middle ground between my Discover card and Citi. That isn't the AOD, because trust me I tried my hand on that already. One more card before I will sink in the garden and save me from pulling my credit lol. 

DPs 
They pull from EX
11 HP in 2020 (I need to be stopped), 5 for WF 
608 EX 

Recent Inq for WF is 04/26/20
UTL is 1%

Open Cards

Discover IT (Its PC soon): 01/2020

Citi DC: 02/2020

Best Buy Store Card: 04/2019

PayPal Credit: 04/2019

CU Card: 07/2018

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on app WF Propel

Anecdotally, I spoke with someone on my app status yesterday and they said they like to see 2-3 years history with at least 2-3 cards and credit mix/variety. She sounded pretty hard pressed on that credit experience.

From looking at other posts, they seem to not like credit seeking.

Also every time you apply within a 60 day rolling period, it resets the 60 day timer, and so you'd have to call in for a manual review, if you apply to often.

Might be better off with another card like SavorOne, and apply for propel later when the profile is stronger.

Message 12 of 27
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I applied the other day for this card. My Experian was frozen, so they pulled Equifax. I was denied for too many new accounts with a FICO score of 803. They are very conservative with this card, so you might have to wait a while before applying. I think they are also new account sensitive, so please keep that in mind.

Message 13 of 27
mumbogray
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will source my WF Propel Denial: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Wells-Fargo-Propel-Customer-Service/m-p/5958173#M259817

I just wanted to know if it's a lost cost to even try for the card. With all the RECON and HP I am trying for this card, it's literally destroying me. 

I established a savings account just today with the company, not sure it will help. The account is not where I will do my primary banking and the account wasn't originally for the card

I just wanted something to at least get 3% in most other categories. A middle ground between my Discover card and Citi. That isn't the AOD, because trust me I tried my hand on that already. One more card before I will sink in the garden and save me from pulling my credit lol. 

DPs 
They pull from EX
608 EX 

UTL is 1%

Open Cards

what 3% categories are you after?  It's a nice well rounded card, but its not the only 3%er.

DP for you: I was denied 11/18 when my credit was 3-4 years old, during an app spree.  Opened a checking  through them a month later (got a bonus!).  Applied again 5 months later and denied again for too many new accounts.  I switched my DD to WF and made sure to keep $5k+ in the account at all times.  Around 11/19 got a pre-screener in my online account with a set APR.  Applied and approved, and its my highest limit.  I was 1/12 and 4/24, 765ish EX.

They seem to approve thin files as the 2nd or 3rd card occassionally when there is no credit seeking, or you have had an account with them for a while.  Once your credit report has a few accounts on it, they tighten up.

Message 14 of 27
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Well is conservative, does not like credit seeking, tends to prefer a relationship (it's not required, but it seems to matter more to them than most banks), and is just not that easy to get in with.

That said, I would not burn an excessive amount of apps on this card. There are plenty of very similar cards out there.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mumbogray wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I will source my WF Propel Denial: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Wells-Fargo-Propel-Customer-Service/m-p/5958173#M259817

DPs 
They pull from EX
608 EX 

UTL is 1%

Open Cards

what 3% categories are you after?  It's a nice well rounded card, but its not the only 3%er.

DP for you: I was denied 11/18 when my credit was 3-4 years old, during an app spree.  Opened a checking  through them a month later (got a bonus!).  Applied again 5 months later and denied again for too many new accounts.  I switched my DD to WF and made sure to keep $5k+ in the account at all times.  Around 11/19 got a pre-screener in my online account with a set APR.  Applied and approved, and its my highest limit.  I was 1/12 and 4/24, 765ish EX.

They seem to approve thin files as the 2nd or 3rd card occassionally when there is no credit seeking, or you have had an account with them for a while.  Once your credit report has a few accounts on it, they tighten up.

Basically a well-rounded card. The reason why I choose the Propel is that it has benefits and its 3% categories. 

I will then have to sit on that savings account then. It would seem. 

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anecdotally, I spoke with someone on my app status yesterday and they said they like to see 2-3 years history with at least 2-3 cards and credit mix/variety. She sounded pretty hard pressed on that credit experience.

From looking at other posts, they seem to not like credit seeking.

Also every time you apply within a 60 day rolling period, it resets the 60 day timer, and so you'd have to call in for a manual review, if you apply to often.

Might be better off with another card like SavorOne, and apply for propel later when the profile is stronger.

Explain a little bit about that manual review. 

I was looking at the Savor One, it's broad but doesn't include travel which what drew me to the Propel in the first place. Should I wait till my CU card hits its 24 and just go into Chase Prefered? That AF though haha.

Message 17 of 27
mumbogray
New Contributor

If I could do it over again, I would probably put that amount of effort into getting the NFCU more rewards Amex.  Similar rewards structure, but grocercies instead of online streaming services.  You also lose the 3% on flights and hotels, but keep it on gas and ground transport.  Everyone around here loves them, unlike WF.

As someone mentioned the SavorOne also has a similar rewards structure.  PNC also has a 4 3 2 1 card.  If you are set on the WF, you will want to put in at least a few k with your banking relationship.  A while ago, posters were getting denial reasons citing their low banking balances.  

Edit: also IMO WF falls short in their travel benefits.  They cover lost bags, but not delays or cancellations.  3x trains and taxis is great though.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mumbogray wrote:

If I could do it over again, I would probably put that amount of effort into getting the NFCU more rewards Amex.  Similar rewards structure, but grocercies instead of online streaming services.  You also lose the 3% on flights and hotels, but keep it on gas and ground transport.  Everyone around here loves them, unlike WF.

As someone mentioned the SavorOne also has a similar rewards structure.  PNC also has a 4 3 2 1 card.  If you are set on the WF, you will want to put in at least a few k with your banking relationship.  A while ago, posters were getting denial reasons citing their low banking balances.  

The NFCU is the poster child of these forums. Trust if it weren't for the membership requirements I would have established it with them already. Now the PNC card I don't hear that often, sadly its major category I don't use the gas. Is my only option the Savor One Card?

Message 19 of 27
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

No app, no new CCs for 2 years and by then have your utli low, then you'll get it.

They denied my app for adding 3 accounts this year. That was their number one issue. They told me that they want to see good history on new accounts! 🙄 How you suppose to show history on a new account? lol

Go to garden and vist them when ALL of your inqs are gone as of now.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.