Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Decline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Propel Decline

Who do I have to $@#% to get this darn card? TBH I knew my chances were slim but since it's my goal card I gave it a go. Took a 6pt hit on EX for nothing. Even after recon no dice. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Decline FML

That is unfortunate. Hope you get better luck next time.

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Decline

Bummer. I'm sorry to hear this.

Message 3 of 31
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

It's unfortunate about your denial. Can you please supply us with some data points like utilization, inquiries, and the reasons for the past denials might help us help you. 

NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 4 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

It's unfortunate about your denial. Can you please supply us with some data points like utilization, inquiries, and the reasons for the past denials might help us help you. 

+1

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

55% Util and 8 inq on Ex. 3 Inq are slated to fall off by Sept this year and 5 will no longer be scoreable after July. 

I've been in the garden for awhile and was declined for a WF Cash Wise 2018 I believe.  They also pulled Ex in 2018. I haven't had any recent denials. In fact I was approved for NFCU Cash Rewards for 15k the same day but I realize that NFCU is a bit less conservative. 

Message 6 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Who do I have to $@#% to get this darn card? TBH I knew my chances were slim but since it's my goal card I gave it a go. Took a 6pt hit on EX for nothing. Even after recon no dice. 

I don't know if this is your current EX score?

Current Score 1/4/20: EX 676 EQ 686 TU 669

Message 7 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

55% utilization isnt doing you any favors.  Don't feel bad I have 1% utilization scores in 800 range and get shot down many times for this card as well..  Some profiles they just dont like.  Get that utilization down and that will certainly help you to some extent.

Message 8 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I shredded my last denial letter from WF but the gist was they dont like multiple cards on report being at 0 and another resson i cant recall right now. My credit score with them at time was 775 so score is meaningless to them imo. This is a lender who should be more lenient,  especially to those with good credit, in light of all the bull they pulled to people. I now know never to try again for another card nor seek a cli. They just arent worth it, to me

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I shredded my last denial letter from WF but the gist was they dont like multiple cards on report being at 0 and another resson i cant recall right now. My credit score with them at time was 775 so score is meaningless to them imo. This is a lender who should be more lenient,  especially to those with good credit, in light of all the bull they pulled to people. I now know never to try again for another card nor seek a cli. They just arent worth it, to me

Really? That's weird to me - never heard of that before. Afraid someone will get their card and then rack up a bunch of debt they can't pay? Wouldn't that seem more likely if everyone had balances on everything already? I've been eyeballing this card awhile and trying to read up on DPs for it and jeebus, WF really seems to want you jumping through hoops. Not sure it's worth it...

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.