Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel/Discover Approval Odds - Thin File

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel/Discover Approval Odds - Thin File

Oh my fault, i did forget to mention i don’t have an amex at all but did a prequal and the BCE and gold delta cards showed up for me. I thought the 3X CLI was only after 61 days and then it ended there. That’s great info! I appreciate it!
After the discover and propel i was planning on sitting in the garden 😎😎😎
Should i just go for all 3 haha 😂
Message 21 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, if you apply for the Wells, the hp isnt for nothing, you are soliciting creditSmiley Wink

Just because you have no prequal on Disco doesnt mean you cant be approved . Plenty of us here in the real world who dont prequal for anything and still get approvedSmiley Wink

If you are going to apply all 3 , i would probably go WF first, see what happens, then go Amex, then Disco. Just me. Amex will pull Ex, WF may pull Ex, ime, and Disco could be Eq or Ex, maybe even TU. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking to go for the propel first as well, I’ll definitely do it in that order. Seems like a good plan Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh my fault, i did forget to mention i don’t have an amex at all but did a prequal and the BCE and gold delta cards showed up for me. I thought the 3X CLI was only after 61 days and then it ended there. That’s great info! I appreciate it!
After the discover and propel i was planning on sitting in the garden 😎😎😎
Should i just go for all 3 haha 😂

You don’t even have to wait until 61 days. Some of us are able to get 3X CLI before we even receive the card. I got a $1K approval on a Friday and came back for a CLI on Monday and now I have a $3K card. 

Message 24 of 36
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I would typically suggest to apply for the card you want most first.

Out of curiosity, have you checked the prequals for any other cards / lenders? I used those as a barometer before I applied for my two recent cards. Good luck! Hope you get nice approvals!

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just my short credit history thats hold me back a little.

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a new CC - Suggestions to Help Approval

I’m applying for new cards soon, I’ve made previous posts asking for everyone’s input on the WF Propel, Discover IT or Discover Miles and AMEX BCE or BCP. I’m looking to get any and all suggestions on helping my approval odds. My current scores are FICO8 EX 735 TU 737 EQ 740, 3 INQs in the last year, 5 total accounts - 3 credit cards, 1 installment loan for a couch through Ashley Furniture and 1 AU account - no collections and my longest account is only 10 months.

I’ve been reading these forums everyday for awhile and this morning is the first time I’ve seen this AZEO or 1/3 rule where you have 2 cards at a zero balance except for one before trying to get a new credit card. Does this truly help your approval odds? Is there a certain time I should apply, as in closer to my statement closing dates? Any other suggestions would be great, I’m afraid of denial because of my short credit history and would hate to waste an inquiry.

Thanks in advance!
Message 27 of 36
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Applying for a new CC - Suggestions to Help Approval

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m applying for new cards soon, I’ve made previous posts asking for everyone’s input on the WF Propel, Discover IT or Discover Miles and AMEX BCE or BCP. I’m looking to get any and all suggestions on helping my approval odds. My current scores are FICO8 EX 735 TU 737 EQ 740, 3 INQs in the last year, 5 total accounts - 3 credit cards, 1 installment loan for a couch through Ashley Furniture and 1 AU account - no collections and my longest account is only 10 months.

I’ve been reading these forums everyday for awhile and this morning is the first time I’ve seen this AZEO or 1/3 rule where you have 2 cards at a zero balance except for one before trying to get a new credit card. Does this truly help your approval odds? Is there a certain time I should apply, as in closer to my statement closing dates? Any other suggestions would be great, I’m afraid of denial because of my short credit history and would hate to waste an inquiry.

Thanks in advance!

What is your AAOA and your AoYA? 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 28 of 36
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance!

AZEO works in the sense that it optimizes your scores to their highest potential. Your scores are already pretty good, but every point helps. You also get a little bonus in your scores when your oldest account hits one year. What I have found that really helps though is time. You have three cards already, so how long have you been gardening? At what months did you get each card and what are their limits? I got my first in May, 2nd in September, and third in October (+ an auto loan). Then I gardened 8 months until after my oldest card hit one year. I applied for two cards (Citi Costco & PayPal MC) and got $8k and $8.5K SL...way more than I expected! I don't doubt you'll get approved, but I would limit it to one or two cards and then wait 6 months if you want another. It may seem conservative if you're anxious about getting new cards, but it's so worth it if you're patient and wait. Of course, your mileage may vary (YMMV).

The best way to time out AZEO is to know when your cards report. Most of my cards report on the statement date, with the exception of one, which reports at the end of the month. Do you have a monitoring service to keep track? My advice is to pay two cards down to $0 days before they report, and keep the third card below 8.9%. Then when your scores all update, check the prequals for the cards you want (if available), and then go for it.

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired AAOA: 6months AoYA: 3 months
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.