Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Limit Recon Try

tag
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo Propel Limit Recon Try

WELLS FARGO INFO - I hope it helps someone.

On 8/10 I applied in branch for the new Propel card, accepted, but I didn't like my inital limit. So I looked up the - Wells Fargo: 800-967-9521 (credit card underwriting) ~Brax from Backdoor Numbers to recon my Starting Limit : Called it and stated that I have my CC# but not the actual card in hand yet. The gentleman on the phone told me to call 866-568-6521 (credit card department). I called that and asked for a rep. After talking with the rep for a few moments he said that I needed the card in hand so they can have access to the exp date and security code in order to do a credit limit recon. I asked if the 866 number was a good number to call and he gave me 800-642-4720 (stated it may be the same number on the back of the card) and said I needed to start with customer service for all recon's. Recons have to be initiated by the customer service reps then tranfered to the Underwriting Department (not sure if the original 800-967-9521 will do?). I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Limit Recon Try

I did the same thing....applied online with instant approval but the approval email did not list a starting CL. So I called the app status line and it said I was approved for 3K. I called recon/customer service/whoever and tried to go for a limit increase. Whoever I talked to said I needed to wait one or two business days for the card to be created in the system. Whoever I talked to said they couldn't even find it. Well I waited my day and called back into the regular card services number. The Propel had been created and they transferred me to underwritting. Asked a few questions(income related/how much I wanted, etc) and they said that they may need to pull a CR. I said that I just app'ed for the card two days ago and the rep said they could use a report within the last 30 days. I said go for it. Rep replied it should take 2-4 hours for someone in underwrtitting to review the request and I could either call in to check status or sign in online since it would update there as well. An hour later I logged into my WF app and the limit showed 5k(what I asked for).

Give it till tomorrow for the account to be created in their system and then try again. Worked for me but obviously YMMV. Good luck.....I really like the card and learned after the fact that I can pair it with my Cash Wise and combine my Go Far Rewards cash back into the Propel's GF Rewards account.

Message 2 of 4
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Ok - Today marks 1 week + 1 day from when I apped for the Propel card. I recieved the card in the mail today and called the Customer Service number located on the back of the card 866-568-6521 (automated system) From there I asked to speak to a Representative. When the banker came online I mentioned that I had apped on 8-10 in branch and that I soon called to recon my initial CL. So we went throught the verification stuff and they said that it would be another HP. I said, I just apped last week aren't HPs good for 30 days? So they transfered me to the CC department.

The lady in the CC department said that this review in fact would not be a new HP. She would be reviewing the initial HP. 5 min later she comes back. I was able to recon my starting CL of $8,000 to $16,000 ( she said to just start using it and show good payments history before we can raise the limit) with no more HP's thanks to this forum. I also asked if CLI's were HP's in the future and it sounded like it maybe a 65% chance of an HP but it may happen. Smiley Happy

Updated Feb 2023:

Business Cards:

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 3 of 4
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@CramEiko wrote:

Ok - Today marks 1 week + 1 day from when I apped for the Propel card. I recieved the card in the mail today and called the Customer Service number located on the back of the card 866-568-6521 (automated system) From there I asked to speak to a Representative. When the banker came online I mentioned that I had apped on 8-10 in branch and that I soon called to recon my initial CL. So we went throught the verification stuff and they said that it would be another HP. I said, I just apped last week aren't HPs good for 30 days? So they transfered me to the CC department.

The lady in the CC department said that this review in fact would not be a new HP. She would be reviewing the initial HP. 5 min later she comes back. I was able to recon my starting CL of $8,000 to $16,000 ( she said to just start using it and show good payments history before we can raise the limit) with no more HP's thanks to this forum. I also asked if CLI's were HP's in the future and it sounded like it maybe a 65% chance of an HP but it may happen. Smiley Happy

Odd timing....  (from my last post on here)

So today I sent a secured message to WF to check to see when I should expect the promotional rewards gained by this card. They said 1- 2 billing periods after the 3 months. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see that. I met spend before the close of my second statement. With BofA they posted my rewards just after my 1st statement close (different bank different rules, I know). Same with some other cards. Wells Fargo on the other hand says nope, it may be 1-2 statements after the initial 3 months to recieve the bonus 30K points. So I got these 2 responses. The second one was becaues I was dissapointed with WF that they wouldn't post rewards earlier than 3 months in my reply to my first message.

First CSR responce:

"I received your email regarding the cash rewards bonus you are expecting
and when your next statement date is. I know it's exciting to get your 
reward points and to know your next statement date.

The bonus reward points will show as redeemable following the end of the
three-month offer period."

Second CSR Responce after I said I was dissapointed with WF:

"I received your email regarding the bonus reward points you are 
expecting.

As indicated previously, the bonus reward points will show as redeemable
within two billing periods, following the end of the three-month offer 
period. After the end of the three-month offer period, the bonus reward 
will show as credited to your balance within two billing periods after 
the end of the program."

Updated Feb 2023:

Business Cards:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.