Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel declined for too many cards in past 6 months

tag
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Propel declined for too many cards in past 6 months

I was wondering with wells fargo can I appeal if I get denied? And if so would it be another hard pull? Mod cut - these discussions are not permitted per myFICO TOS.  and is it done thru experian.com?

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel declined for too many cards in past 6 months

If they denied for too many accounts i would just let it be. I dont envision them changing their mind. Go 6 months without applying and try again. 

Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Also, we cannot  promote freezing of ones credit report in order to force a lender to pull another. It against TOS and its not fair to the lender who should have fair access to the report they need when one solicites credit. Thanks for understanding, AJC

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ThriftySaver, as mentioned upthread, the reconsideration route may prove fruitless if you were declined for those reasons and you may incur another HP.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many new accounts in the past 6 months did you have?

Unless it was one or more per month, I wouldn't think they would deny simply for that reason. When i was approved I had a few recent accounts.

Message 5 of 14
RSX
Valued Contributor

How many have you got in the last 6 months?

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 6 of 14
Green456
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Also, we cannot  promote freezing of ones credit report in order to force a lender to pull another. It against TOS and its not fair to the lender who should have fair access to the report they need when one solicites credit. Thanks for understanding, AJC

I really hope that taking about freezing credit reports in general is not against TOS. I hope you guys realize that the main purpose of freezing reports is to prevent fraud. Not to game any kind of system. 

Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Green456 wrote:

I really hope that taking about freezing credit reports in general is not against TOS. I hope you guys realize that the main purpose of freezing reports is to prevent fraud. Not to game any kind of system. 

@Green456, the initial post was edited due to TOS guidelines.

As a reference, and for your edification, it is against forum rules to advocate or discuss freezing one or two credit reports to force a potential creditor to pull a different one than what they normally do.

The OP's initial post provided no indication that the freeze was due to  fraud-related purposes. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Green456 wrote:

Freeze discussions are fine so long as it's not in the context of forcing a particular bureau to be pulled.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThriftySaver would you mind commenting your DPs as to how many cards/inquiries you've had in the last 6/12 months? That type of data point helps people when considering this card.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.