Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel declined for too many cards in past 6 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel declined for too many cards in past 6 months

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

If they denied for too many accounts i would just let it be. I dont envision them changing their mind. Go 6 months without applying and try again. 

^^ This! If you applied for too many accounts in a short period of time, I would wait awhile before applying for anything. When lenders or creditors see a lot of credit seeking in a certain time frame, let's say 6 months, it indicates financial irresponsibility.

Message 11 of 14
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

WF is known for not reconsidering. You can always call the UW backdoor # and ask, if you call before 30 days they reuse the original HP for the reconsideration and review it.

WF is very conservative and Propel is one of their top cards, best bet would be to wait and app again in a few months or longer. Usually a decline is a sign to sit back and garden for awhile though. Best of luck!

Message 12 of 14
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

I think it was 4 or 5 cards

Message 13 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@ThriftySaver wrote:

I think it was 4 or 5 cards

Id wait a year

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.