Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo app

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo app

I don't have an Wells Fargo account, and I don't intend to open one. 

It's one thing when your account gets hit by fraud done by outside criminals, but in this case, the bank itself is a criminal.

If you're opening a Wells Fargo account, be warned, your info will be used to open tons of fraudulent accounts and you'll have to face a lot of fees later, and you'll not even know what hit you. 

You've been warned.

Message 11 of 18
Bug101
Established Member

Thanks for the warning..We just opened up a WF cc.  They gave 10K.  I am going to keep a sharp eye on this account thanks to your warning.

Message 12 of 18
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Bug101 wrote:

Thanks for the warning..We just opened up a WF cc.  They gave 10K.  I am going to keep a sharp eye on this account thanks to your warning.

Bug101, you're welcome. 

Keep an eye out for your credit reports and online accounts too. Good luck.

Message 13 of 18
acciofirebolt
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied for a CC with WF from an offer they sent me for 15 months% interest. free.  they only appoved me for $2K?? My score high of 768,n  745 and of course Experian is always the lowest 688, why is that?   Does WF use Experian?  I also have my mortgage with WF.  So they gave me a limit just enough to cover the balance transfer?!! My DTI is less 2% and well below my limits, income is $90K.  Have other cards with $15k etc. What is with WF?

I think WF does use EX, though I'm not sure which model they use. The score they provide me on my app is a FICO Bankcard Score 2 score which is 60+ points lower than my 08 score

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have any banking accounts or a relationship with Wells Fargo, I doubt either of you will be approved. I've seen people with 800+ scores declined by WF. They seem to want a relationship with you before approving CC's with you. Not 100% of the time obviously, but most of the time. Good luck.
Message 15 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree, I do have WF acct but they never incrase my limit, go with chase, chase gave me 2 cards of 10k limit, I have direct deposit at WF and 10k savings, Now I am thinking to move my banking with chase..

Chase has or had a deal if you switch you got $500 for opening a checking and savings account. I got $300 when I switched 10 months ago for checking. Back to OP. With whats been on the news. And the way they were with me back in the early 90's. They can................. Dont wanna get banned. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
gibeon
Established Contributor

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 17 of 18
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

I don't have an Wells Fargo account, and I don't intend to open one. 

It's one thing when your account gets hit by fraud done by outside criminals, but in this case, the bank itself is a criminal.

If you're opening a Wells Fargo account, be warned, your info will be used to open tons of fraudulent accounts and you'll have to face a lot of fees later, and you'll not even know what hit you. 

You've been warned.

I seriously doubt that WF will "continue" the blind eye practice now that they are under the microscope of the CFPB and Congress - Not justifying their past practices, but I disagree with your assumption. 

Edit/Add: I've had a WF Mortgage for over 10 years, no issues at all and I just accepted a $16k starting CL Cash Wise Visa with 15 months 0% - not the least bit concerned.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.