Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo invitation

tag
Ecast6680
Valued Member

Wells Fargo invitation

I recently received a mailer and an email inviting me to apply for the Wells Fargo platinum card. I've had a checking account with them for three years now. The invite offers 18 mos 0% intro apr on balance transfers and purchases. Should I apply for this card? It has a reservation number in the email and mailer. My Experian Fico 8 is at 619 right now, I just checked it. Thanks for your time and consideration. 

Starting Score: 492
Current Score: 619 Exp F8
Goal Score: 670

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo invitation

I think WF considers both score and checking account usage. 
I received mailer 5 days ago and applied with EX score 678, uti 23%, AAoA 1,3 years. 

Message 2 of 9
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Unless you scores have drastically taken a turn south since they sent out the prescreened offer you have a good chance of an approval. WF is very conservative so you may not get the highest limit. 

Message 3 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Its a marketing letter.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 9
Ecast6680
Valued Member

So, I shouldn't give it any weight? 

Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Ecast6680 wrote:

So, I shouldn't give it any weight? 

With your current score, the odds are not in your favor.

You might want to address any derogatory you have; delinquency, charge off, collection, etc. If they are updating monthly, it'll keep your scores suppressed.

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have 2 cards with them somehow lol. Getting one is like finding gold. They want to see you with multiple cards with balances amongst other weird factors but for those with banking relationships it may help. Your score is what would hold me back from applying though they can also pull eq. My last app for this card, they double pulled me and i got zilchSmiley Wink. 760 Ex, 745 Eq lolSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I agree with above posts.

1. It's a marketing offer.

2. With your current score, the odds are not in your favor.

Like AllZero said, address anything on your report that may be holding your scores back.

Message 8 of 9
Ecast6680
Valued Member

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna wait. I recently had two collections drop off for some unknown reason. I have one collection left. I'll be dealing with that as soon as the crisis passes. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.