cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells fargo reconsideration - any experience?

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Wells fargo reconsideration - any experience?

I had initially applied for Propel AMEX card and was denied due to multiple inquiries. Today called the reconsideration number and explained the inquiries. The rep said he will submit this back to underwriter again for manual review and it will be updated in next 24-48 business hours. Anyone have any experience if they ever reconsider?

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells fargo reconsideration - any experience?

I've done it with USB on 2 cards that overturned for INQ's for 10K/ea

For WF I hit them up when they gave $7500 and they didn't go up from there due to no prior relationship.  Just wait it out and see what they do.  If it's borderline with what they're looking for it's possible they'll approve it and the card will be in the mail.

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, there are mixed results with their reconsideration process. At best 50/50 depending on the overall profile and other factors so just wait it out.
Message 3 of 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
OP, there are mixed results with their reconsideration process. At best 50/50 depending on the overall profile and other factors so just wait it out.

Thanks. Crossing my fingers Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

In general I would say they aren't known for recon results, but some have had success. All you can really do is wait while it is manually reviewed. Truly could go either way, but a human will at least review it.

Message 5 of 10
Hex
Valued Contributor

Good luck OP! I’m crossing my fingers for you! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Hi just wondering what happened with your reconsideration?

Message 7 of 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@ThriftySaver wrote:

Hi just wondering what happened with your reconsideration?

Very old post. But they rejected that time saying too many inquiries/new accounts. Right now i am in garden Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Did you speak to underwriter directly or did they have to resubmit it and you need to wait to hear back

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

right. they declined me for number of cards i have and cards with balances greater than 0.

i have 3 cards i said how much is too much. well i cant tell you tht they said. lol

then i said i use all my cards and pay them off every month even with that im under 10%util. smh

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.