Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went ahead and requested HP CLI for Uber Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went ahead and requested HP CLI for Uber Visa

Wish me luck lol! 

They said I would get something in the mail within 10 business days. Wanted to know what the process was like for other people? Not necessarily just for the Uber card, but maybe your first CLI request experience.

Cheers. 

(PS., repost from earlier because i think i posted in the wrong section)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Went ahead and requested HP CLI for Uber Visa

Good luck. Not sure how that will play out. I've heard of cardholders asking for CLIs and the issuer would get back in 10 days, and they get a good CLI.

My experience has been if I get that notification, it's a, "hate to be rude, but can I call you back?" and never get called back or I get a denied letter. 

In 2020, instant approval is very doable, and a granted CLI should come up immediately on the screen. Denials come by mail. However, there are times when a deeper review is necessary and it takes a couple of days, and comes back approved.

Nothing wrong with burning a HP if you can afford it and you really want the CLI. I would have gone for it too.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was strange that they said they would get back to me in 10 days as well, previously I had heard that it was an instant thing. Maybe that's a bad sign, or it's because I requested online instead of over the phone? 

Message 3 of 12
Andypanda
Established Contributor

I just got a hp cli from us bank that took 2 days to happen, because underwriters had to review the request. Maybe that is what us happening here.

goog luck 

Message 4 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck.

Message 5 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I cant afford hps, im too poorSmiley Sad Anyone have any used ones?Smiley Wink

10 days sounds like denial but hope im wrongSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I only requested 1 CLI so far. I opened a BoA PR in January 2018 with a CL of $17,000. Late last year I asked for $50k and got a 5 day message (I think). It then came in the mail but I already had seen in my account the next day or so it was now at $37.5k. I thought I would have gotten an instant decision since every CC app up until that point had instant decisions, but oh well.

I probably won't ask for a CLI on any of my cards any time soon since I have no need right now. The most I've done recently was move around some CLs on my 2 Chase cards.

I've had a few auto CLI on my cards, though:

BoA CR - $5k -> $6k

PNC Points - $3k -> $12.5k

Best Buy - $?? -> $3,125

Message 7 of 12
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I requested a CLI on my Uber Visa and did not leave the call without getting the increase. That said, I called immediately after I got approved for the card. It was not recon, it was CLI, and they asked a bunch of things.

Message 8 of 12
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Good luck! Let us know how the process plays out as I've been pondering doing the same on my Aviator Red.
Message 9 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I cant afford hps, im too poorSmiley Sad Anyone have any used ones?Smiley Wink

10 days sounds like denial but hope im wrongSmiley Happy

I'm getting rid of 14 this year. I might be persuaded to give them to you instead.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.