Credit Mentor

Re: What Should I apply for???

@kendar1ous wrote:

As of Today Aug 4th 2022

My Ficos are EX 728 EQ 711 TU 707

I have a overall credit limit of 2500

Overall Credit aged it a year and 4 months

Looking into a auto loan with NAVY FED SOMEONE HELP 😩

Welcome to the forums !  Can you provide more information about your credit profile ?  Do you have any negative or derogatory accounts showing, also how many revolving accounts do you have open presently and what is their utilization ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
kendar1ous

I have 0 negative items 

CURRENT Lines

Discover 1k Limit

Credit One 700

Capital One Quick Sliver 300

Kikoff 500$

Credit Utilization is at 1%

Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@kendar1ous wrote:

I have 0 negative items 

CURRENT Lines

Discover 1k Limit

Credit One 700

Kikoff 500$

Sounds like you're in good shape, you just have a thin file.

You mentioned that you're looking for an auto loan, do you have any prior installment loan history ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
kendar1ous

Nope

@pizzadude wrote:

@kendar1ous wrote:

I have 0 negative items 

CURRENT Lines

Discover 1k Limit

Credit One 700

Kikoff 500$

Sounds like you're in good shape, you just have a thin file.

You mentioned that you're looking for an auto loan, do you have any prior installment loan history ?

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kendar1ous wrote:

As of Today Aug 4th 2022

My Ficos are EX 728 EQ 711 TU 707

I have a overall credit limit of 2500

Overall Credit aged it a year and 4 months

Looking into a auto loan with NAVY FED SOMEONE HELP 😩

Not sure what you mean by "what should I apply for?"  You say you're looking into an auto loan with NFCU. You shouldn't apply for anything else until the auto loan is obtained.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 8
RobynJ
Established Contributor

How soon are you looking to get the auto loan? Are you a member of Navy FCU? How much cash down do you have in reserve for the down payment? With Navy you need to have a decent internal score to get approved and believe it or not nobody here knows exactly how that algorithm works other than to say get a few products and build off of it. An auto loan is probably going to be out of reach at the moment since your file is so new and it looks from your DP's that you do not have any credit products from them yet. I would suggest to get a SSL "shared secured loan" with them and a credit card (if you have to get a secured one so be it as it will graduate) build the history up and in 9-12 months you will more than likely have a much better chance of approval. This is the exact same thing I am doing at the moment to eventually get an auto loan and then graduate to a mortgage through them. Like they say baby steps. Either way I wish you the best. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 7 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@RobynJ wrote:

How soon are you looking to get the auto loan? Are you a member of Navy FCU? How much cash down do you have in reserve for the down payment? With Navy you need to have a decent internal score to get approved and believe it or not nobody here knows exactly how that algorithm works other than to say get a few products and build off of it. An auto loan is probably going to be out of reach at the moment since your file is so new and it looks from your DP's that you do not have any credit products from them yet. I would suggest to get a SSL "shared secured loan" with them and a credit card (if you have to get a secured one so be it as it will graduate) build the history up and in 9-12 months you will more than likely have a much better chance of approval. This is the exact same thing I am doing at the moment to eventually get an auto loan and then graduate to a mortgage through them. Like they say baby steps. Either way I wish you the best. 

My experience with credit unions is that they are always pushing auto loans.  I have no real knowledge, but I have a gut feeling that an auto loan is actually a good way to get the relationship started.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.