Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are my odds?

Looking to apply for an AMEX Blue Cash Every Day CC and I`m just courious on what you guys think my odds are! I have a TU693  and EQ687 credit score s . I currently have a Capital One Quicksilver One with a CL of $800, Ive had the card for 3 months. Should I wait a little longer to apply or do i have a good chance? 

Thanks in advance, 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: What are my odds?

My opinion at a minimum wait until you have 6 months positive history with your current card. Preferably 12 months to get a prime card.
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to apply for an AMEX Blue Cash Every Day CC and I`m just courious on what you guys think my odds are! I have a TU693  and EQ687 credit score s . I currently have a Capital One Quicksilver One with a CL of $800, Ive had the card for 3 months. Should I wait a little longer to apply or do i have a good chance? 

Thanks in advance, 

First, welcome to the forums!

Second, Amex is going to pull EX so it doesn't matter what your EQ and TU are. you can get your EX score for free at creditscorecard.com

Third, I would also recomend waiting until your current card ages more, 3 months is not long

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance, 

First, welcome to the forums!

Second, Amex is going to pull EX so it doesn't matter what your EQ and TU are. you can get your EX score for free at creditscorecard.com

Third, I would also recomend waiting until your current card ages more, 3 months is not long

+1 AMEX only pulls EX. If you want to check their PRE-Q on their website , their PRE-Q is pretty reliable if it shows you have some offers, most likely you'll get approve. Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

are these CK scores or myfico scores? AMEX always pull EX. i was denied for the BCE as my first "prime" card due to insufficient credit history. I was however approved for a freedom. fast forward 7 months, i applied for an AMEX BCE and got it. best if you wait especially if you dont really need it.

also, regarding prequal, i wasnt prequaled. i applied and wasnt approved immediately. i was approved 2 mins after they sent me the email saying they need more time.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally never recommend anyone apply for a card where they are "on the cusp" because the result will be one of two things.  Denial, or approval with likely a very small SL.  I think one is better off holding out as the chances of denial will lessen while the chances of a more favorable SL increase in the event of approval.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.