Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What card to apply for, ?

tag
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

What card to apply for, ?

Hi,  All,  I need some assistance & this is my first time "on" the forum.  My cedit is on the "rebuild" after being down and non- existent for some time.   About a year and half ago.... it was non- existent,  I now have a few cards, a car lease but my credit file is "thin"   Have a Discover $2,500 (started as secure 9 months ago $2 k limit upgraded to UNS & CI since ) Car lease about 1 1/2 year old and about/ 50 % paid down,  Walmart card $400, 3 months & a Credit Builder loan $2,000 almost half way paid / 5 months old. .... all payments on time & current. 

However I have rebuilt to where Eq 757, TU 741 Exp 664 ( had a old collection come up as active for $400, which has been paid  but not reported yet) .  I recently applied for a Citi ?Double cash,  was declined since they pulled Experian and saw the collection which was open..... Who should I apply with for a major cc that will pull  EQ or TU only ..where approval odds are good?    Any suggestions ?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What card to apply for, ?

I would suggest Cap1 Quick Silver. They check all three credit agencies, but my scores were much lower than yours across the board when I was approved for a $3000 limit back in April. They just increased that to a $6000 credit limit after six months of on time payments. You can see in my signature where my scores were when I applied and where they are now. I'd say even with the EX score, you've got a good chance of getting a nice limit with them. Would also suggest Amazon orJetblue, which are the other cards I've been approved for with my scores. I also have Discover, but see you already have that one. Good Luck! 

Message 2 of 3
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: What card to apply for, ?

Thank you,   I  may wait till Exp marks collection paid,   I think Jet Blue is Barclays and pulls TU, so that may be a good option,

Amazon I believe is Synchrony, who only approved me for Walmart store (not MC)... for $200, then quickly went to $400, so I may let
that age for a bit.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.