cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think? Chase Bank Denied Freedom Card , Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you think? Chase Bank Denied Freedom Card , Help!

SO...Chase Bank denied my application for a Freedom Rewards card. So I called the reconsideration line and was denied again! She said it was due to a missed payment on my Experian. I explained my Experian was incorrect and that I have never missed a payment. I explained to her that my Transunion reflected the correct information. She still would not approve it. So the next day I called the reconsideration again! I explained everything the same that I explained the first call. The lady said all she could do is do another hard inquiry on my transunion and verify if what I was saying was true. I told her ok that I would rather do that then be outright denied for the credit card. This is where I was on hold for the 3rd time for a very long time. She came back and told me that she put it in the system that she recommends an approval. Now when I call the application status line, RoboLady tells me my application is under review and I will hear the decision in up to 30 days. This all happened 3 days ago now. Is this a good sign that I will be approved or is this just a denial type of thing? I am so nervous about all this. I was wanting to know what do you guys think about all this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you think? Chase Bank Denied Freedom Card , Help!

@Anonymous wrote:
SO...Chase Bank denied my application for a Freedom Rewards card. So I called the reconsideration line and was denied again! She said it was due to a missed payment on my Experian. I explained my Experian was incorrect and that I have never missed a payment. I explained to her that my Transunion reflected the correct information. She still would not approve it. So the next day I called the reconsideration again! I explained everything the same that I explained the first call. The lady said all she could do is do another hard inquiry on my transunion and verify if what I was saying was true. I told her ok that I would rather do that then be outright denied for the credit card. This is where I was on hold for the 3rd time for a very long time. She came back and told me that she put it in the system that she recommends an approval. Now when I call the application status line, RoboLady tells me my application is under review and I will hear the decision in up to 30 days. This all happened 3 days ago now. Is this a good sign that I will be approved or is this just a denial type of thing? I am so nervous about all this. I was wanting to know what do you guys think about all this?

I think your application is now in a good place. Being told that they have given their recommendations for approval, means that they are seeing the clarifications you were making. I would just wait it out. I also got a pending review that said i'd hear in 30 days. But it all worked out a couple of days later and I got approved. Just allow them the time to review the application again. Best of luck OP

Message 2 of 5
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

The 30 day message is not necessarily a bad thing, unlike the 7 to 10 day which usually ends up in a decline.
The 30 days is giving them time to look into your app and move it around through various departments that aid in making the decisions. So good luck, be patient and let's see what happens. Smiley Wink

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 5
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Also, something to review with Experian. If the HP indicated a late payment, I would review your Experian report. You can get a free account on Experian for updates and also, you can dispute incorrect items (such as incorrectly reported late payments, etc.) I would highly recommend on taking a closer look at your report to see where the discrepancy can be.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 5
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

+1, you're in a good spot. With Chase the automated line has a couple of standardized messages.

• "You'll hear from us in writing within 7-10 days" is a 50/50. If your reports are frozen its likely a verification letter; if they are not frozen then it's very likely a denial letter
  • "You'll hear from us in writing in about 2 weeks" is like a 90% approval. 2 to 3 days to build your account/card and then 7 to 10 days for delivery, totaling just about 2 weeks. Every "2 week" message I got with them resulted in an approval
  • "You'll hear from us in writing within 30 days" is like 70% approval, but it's in a Q for manual review. I would not call again and let it go its course. Some folks have found themselves in this space and they call, just to kill it. Every "30 day" message I got with them also resulted in an approval. 

Good luck! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.