cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the pre approvals I was getting a week ago?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened to the pre approvals I was getting a week ago?

Hi there , recently I have been interested in apping for some new cards since it's been years. I have 0 inquires , 97% on time payments , 0 collections , 6yrs average age of credit , 1% overall utilization , 9 accounts ( 4 are authorized users , 4 are credit cards , one is a credit builders account ) 

For the last few months I have checked pre qual sites such as discover , Amex , Capital one , Lowe's , HD etc. With most of them all showing some type of pre qualifier or pre approval. As of just a few days back I had a pre approval on Lowe's that showed the credit line and interest rate as well as AMEX , HD and capital one.

Now as I check them almost all are showing no offers. The only things that changed on my credit profile since I was getting the offers is my utilization went from 3% down to 1% and one new credit card reported on my account. This is the first new card that I'm not an AU on that reported on my profile in over 3yrs so it's not like I'm out here going crazy apping for a bunch of cards all my inquires are still at 0. Also my credit score went from 692 to 701 so all around things have only improved. It makes no sense to me.

Does anyone have any idea why all of a sudden I'd be not getting any offers anymore? I did have my credit frozen on all 3 credit bureaus but I recently went and unlocked them all. I thought at first maybe they weren't unlocking immediately so I waited a day to try again and still not getting the offers I did less then a week ago. Any insight is much appreciated 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What happened to the pre approvals I was getting a week ago?

When exactly did you freeze your CRs and how long ago did you thaw them?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've frozen them a couple months ago when I apped for the Apple Card to try an avoid the hard inquiry. Seems to have worked so far. I removed the freeze about 5 days ago. Saw I wasn't getting the pre approvals anymore , so I went and froze them again and then unfroze 2 days ago and still as of today getting no offers.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, given that you've frozen and thawed them 2x in such a short timeframe, it's possible it may take sometime for things to refresh on the backend before you start seeing any pre-qualified offers again.   There could be other factors as well that we may not be aware of.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha thanks - I only did the freeze and unfreeze again because I thought it was possible at first it didn't unfreeze them. Guess I'll just hope they come back soon enough. 

Message 5 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Well, given that you've frozen and thawed them 2x in such a short timeframe, it's possible it may take sometime for things to refresh on the backend before you start seeing any pre-qualified offers again.   There could be other factors as well that we may not be aware of.

^^^^ This very true.

Been there done that years ago. Nothing much changes really.

After unfreezing i seen it take on occasion a longer time than we might expect so you just have to hold your horses until the system that works that process gets to yours on the list. And these days i can almost bet is a long list since folks learned to bottle up their reports then unbottle them. So on and so forth.

Then again as @FinStar alludes to, it could also be something else.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where does one check for a Lowe's preapproval? I've not seen that before. Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Where does one check for a Lowe's preapproval? I've not seen that before. Thanks.

On the Lowe's website > Lowe's Credit Cards menu > Lowe's Advantage Card.  Look for the pre-qualify image/link.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.