cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Menards back door number???

theoldman
Regular Contributor

What is Menards back door number???

Approved for $500, want to call and ask for a higher limit. Can't find the backdoor number? Help? Thanks!

Last App: Feb 2016. Gardening until Feb 2017.

Bank card total CL: $16,450 | Store card total CL: $4,500

Ch 7 BK discharged 8/2011

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: What is Menards back door number???

I think Capital One backs the menards card dont they? Not sure if you can recon the credit limit but rather request an increase(s).
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 1k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 500 (12/21)
Message 2 of 3
cem13
Established Contributor

Re: What is Menards back door number???

@Skye12329 wrote:
I think Capital One backs the menards card dont they? Not sure if you can recon the credit limit but rather request an increase(s).

Yes.  Cap1 does finance the Menards card.  I received one with a SL of $3500.  I called for a recon and was denied.  The CSR told me to call back in 6 months so I did and was bumped to $5200 with a SP.

This is a great store to shop.  John Menard owns several of the manufacturing companies that supply the main store; including wood mills.  This is why he can sell building materials cheaper than Home Depot and Lowes.  Menards is very competitive with brand name items as well such as Mikita, Black & Decker, Senco and others.

The card offers 2% back on all purchases with the card but the APR is high, maybe 2,000% or something crazy.  So if you PIF every month, then this is the store & card for you.  

One more thing, they have special financing for large purchases; I think like 4% over 48 months with a purchase over $1500.  This is a great value because if you are going to build a Pole barn, garage, addition, deck or other major renovation; the financing is better than a second mortgage or equity line of credit.  This is because the Big Card does not charge any fees to set up.  As long as you make the monthly payment, you get the cheap financing.

F'08 DEC19: EQ709, EX697, TU720; Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.