Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the backdoor for Upromise Mastercard

tag
KORN
New Contributor

Re: What is the backdoor for Upromise Mastercard

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Sorry to hear that OP but if it's of any consolation you're not the only one. I still have 2 recons left after shot down twice already and i doubt anything i can do or say will change their decision, HOWEVER, yes they burned a HP on you but i would be willing to give in to good chance that in maybe 4 months or better the next time they will approve you. This happened exactly the same for me when apping for Sallie Mae in March. 4 months later Bingo! instant approval for Rewards MC. I just got shot down again trying my luck at Sallie Mae again and DENIAL X2 Recons so far citing "we want to see history on our card first" lingo. I only have my first Barclay's 3 months so i was really pushing the envelope with them.

But you have two left maybe, just maybe you'll get one!!  Have you ever got approved after a recon?

It's a little sad when you get denied lol, it's like ah come on!  I've been good. 

Barclay$1450/Cap1 QuickSilver1 $1300/BofA $1,000/ChaseAmazon $1,000/Amazon $2500/Old Navy $800/REDcard $800/Walmart $600/PayPal $1900/Game Stop $350-5/8/14 638..8/12/14 696..10/2/14 712
Message 11 of 16
KORN
New Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Sorry to hear.. Also sorry to hear they did another HP.. Did they ask you if they could do one out of curiousity?  Makes not alot of sense to me at least if you just applied why a lender would have to do another HP to see again unless it is with another CRA.  Anyways, give you account time to age whatever you deem appropriate.

She said, in order for them to do a recon, they must do an HP."  I said ok that's fine.  The denial letter was dated October 21st.

Barclay$1450/Cap1 QuickSilver1 $1300/BofA $1,000/ChaseAmazon $1,000/Amazon $2500/Old Navy $800/REDcard $800/Walmart $600/PayPal $1900/Game Stop $350-5/8/14 638..8/12/14 696..10/2/14 712
Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very weird, typically they can do a SP recon within 30 days...  Kinda senseless they did another HP against you.  You got a crappy underwritter IMO as she didn't have to do that to you.  I would of said no and hung up and got the next UW and asked them for a SP.  What done is done and I am sure they notated and can see you took another HP for recon and hopefully when you decide to apply again they will take that into consideration... Stay 6 months at least with your current Barclays card then your chances go up A TON as long as you are making alot higher then minimal payments and aren't close to being maxed of your CL with what is reporting when you apply.  Just my 2 cents.

Message 13 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@KORN wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Sorry to hear that OP but if it's of any consolation you're not the only one. I still have 2 recons left after shot down twice already and i doubt anything i can do or say will change their decision, HOWEVER, yes they burned a HP on you but i would be willing to give in to good chance that in maybe 4 months or better the next time they will approve you. This happened exactly the same for me when apping for Sallie Mae in March. 4 months later Bingo! instant approval for Rewards MC. I just got shot down again trying my luck at Sallie Mae again and DENIAL X2 Recons so far citing "we want to see history on our card first" lingo. I only have my first Barclay's 3 months so i was really pushing the envelope with them.

But you have two left maybe, just maybe you'll get one!!  Have you ever got approved after a recon?

It's a little sad when you get denied lol, it's like ah come on!  I've been good. 

Not with Barclay's. My recon luck with them is nonexistent and reminds me of India Solutions who always say no to a CLI but the luv button overrides them Smiley Very Happy No such luck with Barclay's Sallie Mae though. When they nit pick they would prefer to say NO then well here's your approval w/small limit. Now that i got Instant Approved for Sam's Club 5-3-1 after Barclay's denial i don't even care if i ever see that card or not and they just lost a new customer.

Message 14 of 16
KORN
New Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Very weird, typically they can do a SP recon within 30 days...  Kinda senseless they did another HP against you.  You got a crappy underwritter IMO as she didn't have to do that to you.  I would of said no and hung up and got the next UW and asked them for a SP.  What done is done and I am sure they notated and can see you took another HP for recon and hopefully when you decide to apply again they will take that into consideration... Stay 6 months at least with your current Barclays card then your chances go up A TON as long as you are making alot higher then minimal payments and aren't close to being maxed of your CL with what is reporting when you apply.  Just my 2 cents.

Ya, I will try my best in not applying for cards to lower my inquires too!  I always make my payments earlier than the statement due date and always pay a good amount more than the minimum due.  Cant wait to see how everything goes for me next year.

Message 15 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@KORN wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya, I will try my best in not applying for cards to lower my inquires too!  I always make my payments earlier than the statement due date and always pay a good amount more than the minimum due.  Cant wait to see how everything goes for me next year.

Time is your friend in the credit game... It will heal your wounds and grow your credit if you don't mess up and keep everything else in check!  

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.