Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the chance of me getting approved for amex

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: What is the chance of me getting approved for amex

Unless Capital One is going to be a primary/heavy use card I personally would not take a triple hard pull for their products seeing as growing them is painfully difficult and the APRs are pretty high if you're not in the excellent range.

Personally, I'd give it a go for AMEX and if no luck I'd just do a prequal with Discover and throw $500 on a secured card if you do not get an unsecured offer. It will graduate in 7 mos with responsible use. You can product change it to the 5% categories card after the first statement and you'll get cash back match for a year. Really hard to beat that for a starter card.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your input.i was going to get a secured card through cap 1. Went to prequalify and was approved for the venture. I pulled the trigger and was approved with a 5000 CL and they pulled Equifax. Score was 752. But it was Fico 4 version score for mortgages as per my Fico acct. I found that to be strange. I may pull the trigger in Amex but I’m nervous.
Message 12 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Venture approval @Anonymous.  Well done! 

Locking this thread as you have been approved.  Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.  Also, if you get approved for the AmEx card you can post the combined results on that thread.  Good luck! 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.