cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the lowest CL for Amex Blue Cash?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the lowest CL for Amex Blue Cash?

I already have Amex Blue Cash. My mother wants one and I get a bonus if she's approved. Her credit is a mess right now due to high utilization and a car loan.  I feel like if she gets anything over 2k she's going to max it out within months. I was hoping she'd want Capital One at least it's a $500 limit.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: What is the lowest CL for Amex Blue Cash?

$500.00 I think 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see you have the Discover it card.  You can refer your mom to apply for that card and receive a $50 statement credit.  The minimum credit limit on the Discover it is $300 so she may have a better chance at that card anyways.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have Amex Blue Cash. My mother wants one and I get a bonus if she's approved. Her credit is a mess right now due to high utilization and a car loan.  I feel like if she gets anything over 2k she's going to max it out within months. I was hoping she'd want Capital One at least it's a $500 limit.

So why not go all in and make her an authorized user on your $13K card?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it's none of my business and not what you're really asking about here, it sounds to me like the last thing she needs is another CC.  By your own admission you said she'll probably max it out.  Obtaining another card would not be a healthy credit decision here.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would highly recommend not trying to benefit off getting a card for DM who you feel will max it out as anyway. Perhaps try and focus on helping her understand and better her credit?
Message 6 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP

I know this is not answering your question, but if your mom’s credit is a mess, as you state, she may not get approved at any limit. Do you want her getting a HP to be declined further decreasing her score?

IMHO, introduce your mom to the gardening technique, and tell her to “let’s wait a year to work on getting utilization down substantially and then apply.”

The referral bonus will probably still be there.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.