cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s Up With Fifth Third Bank and their Trio card?

tag
Bandit5160
Contributor

What’s Up With Fifth Third Bank and their Trio card?

A week or two ago, I got a note in the mai saying I was pre-approved for the Trio.  So I append online with my special pre-approval number and got a message thanking me for applying and saying I can complete balanced transfers once I receive my card.  It did not explicitly say I was approved or give me a SL but that sure sounds like an approval to me.  Yet I still haven't gotten a card or even so much as an e-mail from them. But I did get another pre-approval mailer like the one I apped from before.  What is going on...why would they send me another pre-approval notice whenI've already supposedly just been approved for that card.  Are they just slow?  Or is it possible my approval did NOT go through before?

Wells Fargo Active Cash (3K), Chase Amazon Prime Visa (5.6K), Discover It (18K), Chase Freedom Flex (5.7K), Capital One Quicksilver (6.75K), Apple Credit Card (6.5K), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (7.5K), Capital One Savor (5K), Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi (9K), Citi Double Cash MC (6K), Wells Fargo Propel AMEX (5K), Amazon Store Card (5K), Exxon Mobil Card (1.2K), Citi Best Buy Visa (6K), Shell Fuel Rewards MasterCard (4.2K), Bank Of America Cash Rewards MasterCard (8K), PayPal Credit (5K), Target RedCard (1.6K), FNBO BP Visa (5K), Synchrony MasterCard (7K), Fifth Third Bank Trio Mastercard (6.5K), Comenity King Size Card (1K), Wells Fargo Hotels.Com Rewards Visa (8.4K), Verizon Visa (5.5K), EBay MC (6.3K), Comenity Caesars Rewards Visa (5K). Sam’s Club MC (1.5K), My Walgreens MC (5K), Sony Card Visa (6.9K), My Chevrolet Rewards MC (9K), Wells Fargo Bilt MC (18K), AAA Cashback Rewards Visa (2K)

EQ 764 TU 772 EX 781
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: What’s Up With Fifth Third Bank and their Trio card?

Have you tried calling the customer service line?

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Pre-approved offers are sourced from a third party so they won't know if you decided to apply with the first offer they sent you (or 2nd, 3rd, etc.).

They tend to process things a bit slowly so give things time. If you receive any correspondence that yields "the price you pay for credit" with a FICO score, then you were approved. The card follows shortly after.

Calling the CS agents won't do much since they won't release any information, unless it has to do with a verification request.

Just ignore the 2nd pre-approved mailer.
Message 3 of 6
Bandit5160
Contributor

I got my "price you pay for credit" notice telling me my TransUnion credit score was 770.   I also got my card...I was approved for a $6,500 SL with a 17.49% APR.  So all turned out well.

Wells Fargo Active Cash (3K), Chase Amazon Prime Visa (5.6K), Discover It (18K), Chase Freedom Flex (5.7K), Capital One Quicksilver (6.75K), Apple Credit Card (6.5K), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (7.5K), Capital One Savor (5K), Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi (9K), Citi Double Cash MC (6K), Wells Fargo Propel AMEX (5K), Amazon Store Card (5K), Exxon Mobil Card (1.2K), Citi Best Buy Visa (6K), Shell Fuel Rewards MasterCard (4.2K), Bank Of America Cash Rewards MasterCard (8K), PayPal Credit (5K), Target RedCard (1.6K), FNBO BP Visa (5K), Synchrony MasterCard (7K), Fifth Third Bank Trio Mastercard (6.5K), Comenity King Size Card (1K), Wells Fargo Hotels.Com Rewards Visa (8.4K), Verizon Visa (5.5K), EBay MC (6.3K), Comenity Caesars Rewards Visa (5K). Sam’s Club MC (1.5K), My Walgreens MC (5K), Sony Card Visa (6.9K), My Chevrolet Rewards MC (9K), Wells Fargo Bilt MC (18K), AAA Cashback Rewards Visa (2K)

EQ 764 TU 772 EX 781
Message 4 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Bandit5160 since approved locking this thread.   Feel free to share your approval in the approval section with relevant information if you would like.  Congrats.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.