cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What score will amex see when I apply? Discover and Experian app show two different scores for FICO8

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What score will amex see when I apply? Discover and Experian app show two different scores for FICO8

When I look at my FICO Score on my discover app, it shows 759 as of July 5, but on the Experian app it shows 769 and it says it updated today (Experian). If I apply for an amex card now, will they see the 759 score or the 769 score? 

7 REPLIES 7
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: What score will amex see when I apply? Discover and Experian app show two different scores for F

They will pull directly from the bureau. So the score you're seeing on Experian should be what they pull if that's your FICO 8 score. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What score will amex see when I apply? Discover and Experian app show two different scores for F

Yea, it shows experian FICO8 769 as of: today

And amex pulls experian, correct? I think I read that when I was searching on the forums

Message 3 of 8
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea, it shows experian FICO8 769 as of: today

And amex pulls experian, correct? I think I read that when I was searching on the forums

That's correct. They pull Experian FICO 8. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet, thanks! I'll take that score increase as a sign that I should apply, haha

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for a 2k limit! 

Message 6 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has been approved this thread is closed to further comment. Approval thread is here

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amex-BCE-approval/td-p/6088241
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.