Did you mean: 

What should I do next?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What should I do next?

@Anonymous wrote:

This week I applied and was approved for NFCU nRewards Secured ($200) and Discover IT Secured ($200). I also applied for BoA Cash Rewards Secured but was denied. I was hoping to get three cards to help beef up my thin credit profile before gardening for a year or so and working on improving payment history, as well as getting a couple collections/charge-offs off of my report. What other card would you all recommend applying for? (I'd prefer a card that has the potential to graduate and grow, as well as opening the door to more unsecured cards with the company). 

Please don't apply for any more CCs until you take care of the collections and chargeoffs on your credit reports. That's what will open doors to unsecure credit. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll hold off for a bit. Currently have payment plans set up now for all CAs and COs. All should be paid off entirely by next summer at the latest. 

Around that time I'll be sending out GW letters in hopes of having the two charge offs removed. Already spoke to most CAs and all but one are doing PFD. 

Other than maintaining low utilization and 100% payment history, is there anything else you'd suggest I do in the meantime? 

Message 12 of 14
HarleyGirlInDallas
Valued Member

I opened a secured NFCU card with $200 about 6-7 months ago. I've kept it paid off and only used it for very small ticket items. Without my asking, NFCU transferred it from a "secured" account to a regular credit card with a $2,000 limit; my $200 "security" was posted back to my savings account.  I only happened to notice it when logging in to check my accounts daily. The new card arrived in the mail last week. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HarleyGirlInDallas wrote:

I opened a secured NFCU card with $200 about 6-7 months ago. I've kept it paid off and only used it for very small ticket items. Without my asking, NFCU transferred it from a "secured" account to a regular credit card with a $2,000 limit; my $200 "security" was posted back to my savings account.  I only happened to notice it when logging in to check my accounts daily. The new card arrived in the mail last week. 

Congrats, that's awesome! I'm hoping for the same outcome with mine. Planning on using it for small purchases and paying in full monthly! 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.