Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your Amex Pre-qualification results

tag
Openwater
Established Contributor

Re: What was your Amex Pre-qualification results

First time I applied with them, used pre-qual page. Stated I was pre-qual for an AMEX gold and other cards. Tried for the Gold and was shot down. DP included BK7 4.5 years in.

Tried again at the 5 year mark, showed I was pre-qual for BCE and some other cards. Wanted to get the BCP, tried for that and was approved 22K. Post 5 year BK is a must with AMEX not iib.

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 11 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditInspired, American Express would be highly offended on how you spelled "Magnate" Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

When I applied, I am pretty sure it was a tri-fold paper application,

and it took a few weeks to get what I think was the Optima card in the mail.

about the same for the Green charge card ..then the Gold charge card.

99% sure ..I did not know what the Internet was, let alone being Pre-Qualified.

Message 13 of 32
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CreditInspired, American Express would be highly offended on how you spelled "Magnate" Smiley Very Happy

Must be like Tarjay!!!

Man Wink

Message 14 of 32
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Oh my goodness! For the life of me @M_Smart007 I keep misspelling the name of this AmX card. When I first got it, I kept calling it AmX Magnum. 😂🤣😆. I'm just going to blame it on old age. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 32
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Cold apped 2013 - approved BCE $3K

Cold apped 2018 - approved Delta Platinum $4K

Cold apped 2020 - approved Delta Reserve $20K

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 16 of 32
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@seattletravels wrote:

Cold apped 2020 - approved Delta Reserve $20K

Actually,  I did have an upgrade offer from my platinum now that I think about it

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Lol that's how she always says it. I notice it every time 😂 

Message 18 of 32
ACW3rdIM
Established Member

1/20, very interested in travel card, heard about the AmEx pre-qualified thing. Checked it out, was PQd for the Platinum card. Did not bother checking others (stupid, I know). Took the leap, instantly improved. FICO8 EX of 682 at the time. They have a couple other products that would really be beneficial for yours truly so I've checked the pre-qualified site every week since then and gotten zilch, but I'm barely 60 days into being an AmEx customer so I'm not really surprised.

Message 19 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@ACW3rdIM wrote:

1/20, very interested in travel card, heard about the AmEx pre-qualified thing. Checked it out, was PQd for the Platinum card. Did not bother checking others (stupid, I know). Took the leap, instantly improved. FICO8 EX of 682 at the time. They have a couple other products that would really be beneficial for yours truly so I've checked the pre-qualified site every week since then and gotten zilch, but I'm barely 60 days into being an AmEx customer so I'm not really surprised.

They will eventually warm up to you.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.