Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your Amex Pre-qualification results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What was your Amex Pre-qualification results

@ACW3rdIM wrote:

1/20, very interested in travel card, heard about the AmEx pre-qualified thing. Checked it out, was PQd for the Platinum card. Did not bother checking others (stupid, I know). Took the leap, instantly improved. FICO8 EX of 682 at the time. They have a couple other products that would really be beneficial for yours truly so I've checked the pre-qualified site every week since then and gotten zilch, but I'm barely 60 days into being an AmEx customer so I'm not really surprised.

Thank for that info. Helps a lot!

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex pre-qualification website did not bring up anything for me. I am assuming that is because I put myself on the FTC's Opt-Out list (I was getting, and still do get, annoyed at offers in the mail). Thus, I cold apped and was approved for my Amex EveryDay in May 2016. The same occurred for my Hilton Amex in October 2016, and my Schwab Investor Amex in April 2017.

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-qualification said none. Applied for BCE, approved $1000 CL

Message 23 of 32
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Checked Prequel last may. Results was not pre approve for anything. Apped for the bce, and was approved for judt over $10,000, don't rember exact amount) now cl is up to $30,000. My ex at the time was 739. Since then k have also been spproved for the personal platnum, and the buisness amex amazon.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pre-qualification said none. Applied for BCE, approved $1000 CL

Was it automatically approved or did you have to call in? What was your FICO 8 at the time?

Message 25 of 32
ACW3rdIM
Established Member

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ACW3rdIM wrote:

1/20, very interested in travel card, heard about the AmEx pre-qualified thing. Checked it out, was PQd for the Platinum card. Did not bother checking others (stupid, I know). Took the leap, instantly improved. FICO8 EX of 682 at the time. They have a couple other products that would really be beneficial for yours truly so I've checked the pre-qualified site every week since then and gotten zilch, but I'm barely 60 days into being an AmEx customer so I'm not really surprised.

They will eventually warm up to you.

Yessir. Appropriate use, payments, and time. Those are my keynotes for now.

(And in my post above, "improved" should be "approved," but they both work in their own way.)

Interesting to read these. Nice thread, this.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been approved for 4 AMEX revolvers after having prequalified/pre approved status. I've never been denied from them with either of those. They seem to be very solid with their offers , unless something major has changed from their last sp of your report. It did seem to take me quite a bit to get in with them. However , they have been a great to me. Only company I've ever got 3 cards with without a single hard pull. Get in , and treat them right. They will return the favor to you. Best of luck OP.

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far I'm pre-qualified for 

Hilton Honors Aspire - 150k offer

Hilton Honors Suprass - 150k offer 

Hilton Honors - 15k offer

and 

Delta Gold - 70k Bonus Offer

hadn't pulled the trigger I have a foreclosure falling off on (7yr) Apr 11 2020. I will then apply.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prequalified for Delta Gold Amex

approved for 1000 SL

690 FICO TU, 685 FICO Exp

16 hard inquiry 2 yrs

no lates 

utilization 3%
14k available 

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pre-qualified for a couple of cards. Took the one without a fee. Up until the virus, I received almost weekly really nice and expensive pre-qual offers via the USPS.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.