Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is my 91st day for 2/90 Amex rule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When is my 91st day for 2/90 Amex rule?

I was approved an Amex card on 1-1-18 and another on 1-18-18. Is the 91st day 4–1-18 or 4-2-18. Or is my counting skills even worse than I thought. Do you start counting the day u were approved, or the day after. ???
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 2/90 question?

I don't know what it is exactly that you're asking about. But you're only allowed to apply for 2 cards within a 90 day period. Which is based on the day you open the account(s), not the day the cards arrives in the mail.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I reworded my question. After I read it out loud it wasn’t what I wanted to ask. I just want to know when my 91st day is?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always ask Amex. Hop on chat; they can help you with the exact date and most likely know why you’re asking
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When is my 91st day for 2/90 Amex rule?

@Anonymouswrote:
I was approved an Amex card on 1-1-18 and another on 1-18-18. Is the 91st day 4–1-18 or 4-2-18. Or is my counting skills even worse than I thought. Do you start counting the day u were approved, or the day after. ???

I would say April 2nd is technically your window, if you wanted to apply for only one revolver. April 19th would be your other window, if you wanted two more revolvers with AMEX. However, like mentioned, your best course of action is to ask CSR through chat. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.