cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I app for the Barclays Uber Visa again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When should I app for the Barclays Uber Visa again?

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So, I applied for this card in May, and then again in August, and denied both times, reason being too many new accounts. I reconed three times and was each attempt was unsuccessful.

I was told by one of the Credit Analysts that they consider accounts opened at the last 6 months as “new.” However, some DPs on here contradict this.

I was originally going to apply again on Feb. 1, when I will be at 1/6, but still at a staggering 11/12, due to the spree I did between the months of May and July. But now I am wondering if I should wait even longer than that.

I am trying to pick wisely, as my TU is frozen and I will have to pay a small fee to unfreeze it, and because I am trying to minimize unnecessary HPs. What do you guys think? Is 4 more months of gardening enough, or should I garden longer before I pull the trigger again?

Stats:
TU FICO 8: 761
AAoA: 1 year
Inqs: 9 in the last year
Do derogs

Why do you want Uber so bad?

They are hard to get and when they do approve it is often a ridiculous low limit.

Is there a specific feature you desire that no other card like Savor offers?

Well, unlike the Savor, the Uber Visa has no AF. Also, it offers cellphone insurance, a perk not many cards on the market have. That'd save me about $10 a month on my phone bill. IMO, it's definitely an essential. 

Message 11 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
So, I applied for this card in May, and then again in August, and denied both times, reason being too many new accounts. I reconed three times and was each attempt was unsuccessful.

I was told by one of the Credit Analysts that they consider accounts opened at the last 6 months as “new.” However, some DPs on here contradict this.

I was originally going to apply again on Feb. 1, when I will be at 1/6, but still at a staggering 11/12, due to the spree I did between the months of May and July. But now I am wondering if I should wait even longer than that.

I am trying to pick wisely, as my TU is frozen and I will have to pay a small fee to unfreeze it, and because I am trying to minimize unnecessary HPs. What do you guys think? Is 4 more months of gardening enough, or should I garden longer before I pull the trigger again?

Stats:
TU FICO 8: 761
AAoA: 1 year
Inqs: 9 in the last year
Do derogs

Why do you want Uber so bad?

They are hard to get and when they do approve it is often a ridiculous low limit.

Is there a specific feature you desire that no other card like Savor offers?

Well, unlike the Savor, the Uber Visa has no AF. Also, it offers cellphone insurance, a perk not many cards on the market have. That'd save me about $10 a month on my phone bill. IMO, it's definitely an essential. 

Savor has a $500 sub.  That goes a long way towards AFs.

SavorOne has no AF.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious of your outcome? Did you wait and apply? I just got the Uber Visa with a 670 TU score 4 -5 inq. And probably about 5 new accounts in 2-3 months.

1000 temp limit will know my full sl when card comes.
Message 13 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Tough card for sure

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crazy how a 670 score can get an uber Visa but 770 can get denied. I know there is more to it but still seems crazy.
Message 15 of 17
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Very crazy. Bayclays is really picky. I wonder if having my Ring unused for 9 months hurts or helps my chances at being approved. Thinking of apping in a few days.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do be sure to post back here and update us.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.