Did you mean: 

When to Apply With Chase ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to Apply With Chase ?

@JR_TX wrote:
@OP ;

Here's how I established one of my daughters credit who's about your age (19yrs old) ;

App'd her with Discover it for Student (Unsecured) after turning 18 with Zero (0) credit and just enrolled in College last year. She got approved with $800 SL ($2.9K now). Disco just asked proof of College enrollment and Class registration via e-mail uploads.
After 6 months of reported history on EX with 724 FICO8, I app'd her with Amex BCE approved with $1K SL ($2.5K now).
After exactly a year of reported EX history of 728 FICO8 (2 weeks ago), I app'd her with Chase FU and instantly approved with $2.3K SL. Just got her Card today in the mail that shows Chase' own Risk scoring model of 735 out of high 900.
All these app while she only makes about $11K annually working part time as a student.
Hope this info helps you and Good Luck!

Congrats on her Chase SL!

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick thought I have been having. When I go to apply here soon should I potentially try and go for the CSP app as well ? Or should I just hold off on that one? Updated on my Vantage 3.0 sitting at 707

Thank you all !

Unless your income is high, I highly doubt Chase will approve the $5k minimum based on only having the Cap1 $300. As much as I like Chase, I do wish I waited to app (I was planning to until they offered the $300/$500 on the FU in-branch). I would highly recommend Discover since it will growwwwwww. Look at my siggy. That Disco started as a secured card with $600.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick thought I have been having. When I go to apply here soon should I potentially try and go for the CSP app as well ? Or should I just hold off on that one? Updated on my Vantage 3.0 sitting at 707

Thank you all !

Unless your income is high, I highly doubt Chase will approve the $5k minimum based on only having the Cap1 $300. As much as I like Chase, I do wish I waited to app (I was planning to until they offered the $300/$500 on the FU in-branch). I would highly recommend Discover since it will growwwwwww. Look at my siggy. That Disco started as a secured card with $600.

Okay awesome, yeah my CL isn't at 300 anymore I have a quiksilver and its at 750. Dont think it makes much of a difference but ya know. Any idea how long I should hold off until going for CSP ? 

Message 23 of 30
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all !

Okay awesome, yeah my CL isn't at 300 anymore I have a quiksilver and its at 750. Dont think it makes much of a difference but ya know. Any idea how long I should hold off until going for CSP ? 

I would hold off for 6 months, unless you get pre-qual offers on the Chase site. You should check for pre-quals on a regular basis.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sitting at 750 on FICO 8, think I am going to double app for Freedom and CSP same day. 

https://prnt.sc/gjcbaw

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went for just the freedom and got this message, "

Thank you for your request.

Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request.

We will provide you more detailed information by U.S. mail in 7-10 days that explains the reasons for this decision."

Recon? What do I do ? Pretty strange imo....

Called automated line " Your app is being reviewed will hear back in writing within 7-10 business days"

Message 26 of 30
sjt
Senior Contributor

Surprised with your score. Do you have any negatives and are you over 5/24?

Call recon. Look for the number to a live analyst on the backdoor thread.

Keep us posted
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

No negatives, only one inq. Automated says under review, website said I wasnt approved ... Hmm I guess ill call recon. 

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not enough credit history was recon's repsonse ... Super lame.

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your credit history is really young and right now, the only account you have is the Cap1. So I would imagine that made Chase hesitant to approve you.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.