Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to apply for Chase Marriot Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to apply for Chase Marriot Rewards

Just getting back into the credit card game. Reports are clean and just showing closed accounts from 2009 (store accounts, major card accounts have dropped off. All in good standing). It also shows I’m an AU on a chase card with a perfect 15 year history and an AU on a store card with a 12 year perfect history. Recently app’d for Amex Delta, approved sl 1000 and Amex green, approved. Neither are reporting yet. Also app’d for Blispay, approved sl 2000 and SCT with VS approved sl 750. Neither are reporting yet. Declined for Barclay and Discover. Tried recon, no go. Should I wait for these cards to start reporting to app for chase or wait til the other cards report? I tried the chase pre qual site and they didn’t show any matches. Any advice would be great.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: When to apply for Chase Marriot Rewards

If I counted correctly you are at 4/24 right? Chase Marriott is subject to 5/24 rule.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
If I counted correctly you are at 4/24 right? Chase Marriott is subject to 5/24 rule.

Are you sure?

I thought only cards that earned Ultimate rewards were subject to 5/24? 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Are you sure?

He's correct.  Read this about what cards are and aren't affected by the 5/24 rule but there are lots more than just those earning UR points.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I’m at 4/24. Does that start when they start reporting?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're going to apply for more CCs, you should do it before the others post on the CRAs

Message 6 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Are you sure?

He's correct.  Read this about what cards are and aren't affected by the 5/24 rule but there are lots more than just those earning UR points.

Indeed.  I promise I would have taken Chase up on the 100,000 Marriott points offer for the Marriott Rewards Premier card if it wasn't.  LOL  (And of course it would be sock drawered since the Amex SPG card earns more Marriott points than the Marriott card, even when using it for a Marriott stay.)

Message 7 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I’m at 4/24. Does that start when they start reporting?

Yes, it's any credit card account reporting on your credit reports as opened in the past 24 months.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays denial was because I don’t have a card reporting that is in my own name. Would chase have the same requirements? I currently only have AU cards reporting.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Are you sure?

Indeed.  I promise I would have taken Chase up on the 100,000 Marriott points offer for the Marriott Rewards Premier card if it wasn't.  LOL  (And of course it would be sock drawered since the Amex SPG card earns more Marriott points than the Marriott card, even when using it for a Marriott stay.)

Hmmm, putting this in my mental notebook, as the Marriott Rewards has been on my want list. Maybe will be putting the SPG on there instead. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.